Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you Journal??

Hey bees, I was just curious if anyone other than me is trying to journal every day. I hear it's a good habit to get into and I tried to journal throughout throughout August and September but I would write at night and I recently stopped because when my brother gets home from work we would sit up to late at night watching TV.
    Today I decided to restart after a 6 day hiatus and change my timing to the morning after so I journalled about yesterday this morning.

I'm also a stationary junkie so if you would be so kind as to post a picture of your journals, here's mine (please don't judge me, it was all there was).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Journal.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	618.4 KB
ID:	610866

Years back I would log my training on a calendar then bought A Hobbit's Journal, was like a dairy with concert tickets and some photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fc529a8b4678cd49230fb961217e3e0e.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	610876

Comment

I have kept a journal since 1988...on and off but everyday since 1998. I have totes full of notebooks...nothing cool like what you guys have. Every so often, I go back and read them all from the beginning. Sometimes, it's a painful process but I usually learn something new about myself.

Comment

I keep track of the books I've finished in my journals, so after I've finished three or so books I'll add another journal entry, so I end up writing two or three times a week...though more often than not the entry is more about what I've done/thought recently rather than about the books. I have LOADS of blank journals - every time I find a pretty one I buy it. This was my latest find:

Comment

I journal daily, usually regarding my fitness journey, but it didn’t start out that way and did not start out to be a regular thing. When my brother committed suicide in 2013, I began journaling all my feelings about that. Eventually, it morphed to fitness, and just my daily life. At one point, all I could write was what I saw outside as I sat staring out the window for hours. At another point, I had a coloring book/journal so I didn’t have to write a lot, but could still use my hands holding a writing/coloring instrument.
          I feel like journaling is a good practice for building coherent thought and it helps my memory. Usually, I do it in the morning while I have my coffee. I limit myself to one side of one page, and only use the second side, if needed. But, never 2 pages. I write about the day before with that day’s date on the page. I buy journals that have a color I like, a band around to keep it closed, and ribbons for page markers. Simple stuff at Staples or Walmart. I ask in the first page if anyone finds the journal to please burn it immediately. There are things in there that no one should see.😏

Comment

Full disclosure...I don't have an IRL journal, in part because if anyone saw it there would be a lot of this going on:

...but also because I don't believe people are inherently good so nobody really deserves to see a journal from me in real life anyway. Basically this is conceding that my log doubles as my journal. Yes, I have issues (and I'm pretty bitter too, but when you've been conditioned through experience to realize that hate wins headlines and love doesn't, your view of the outside world gets skewed beyond repair. I'm not just whistling Dixie when I tell other bees that I am a real piece of work).

Comment

I used to since 2015, but I stopped last year. I've been meaning to pick it back up (specially since I got a huge achievement last christmas), but I always end up writing so much that I end up sleeping really late.

Closest thing to a journal that I have right now is my check-in thread...

Comment

simple and stupid question: what do you write in your journal? is it a diary, a log, or something else?

Comment

I keep a training log in .xls sheets since 2008. There is some paper copy from 2005 as well. Thats it.

Comment

I always feel ashamed of what I’ve written when journaling and end up destroying pages or entire book by tearing to shreds or even burning..

Comment

Wow some nice journals here.

Thanks everyone for your post, it's nice to see why you do/don't keep a journal.

Surras my journal is more of a diary, I would like to say I draw and put pictures and stuff in it but I don't travel so no photos and I can't draw.

Comment

Surras Mine is more of a diary although the content has changed over the years as I have. I once started when I was a freshman in HS but then tossed it because I am pretty sure my mom read it. I got a file cabinet with a lock when I was a senior in HS. I was having some problems in college so my mom once again read it (1 or 2 notebooks). Note: I was dumb enough to leave the cabinet unlocked. Luckily, now I have a husband that would never invade my privacy that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CODawn View Post
                          [USER="42997"]Luckily, now I have a husband that would never invade my privacy that way.
                          My husb is super careful to leave my journal alone. And I never offer to say what’s in it. He knew when I started that there was nasty stuff in it about my brother, and now he just assumes it’s my private space. Even tho most of it is now my fitness stuff....

Comment

When I do my journal project (go back and read from the beginning), I have read him odds and ends but it something he already knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Surras View Post
                              simple and stupid question: what do you write in your journal? is it a diary, a log, or something else?
                              Book records, and sometimes notes if it's something I want to remember...funny or lovely quotes...what I did that day...rants when I'm aggravated...and if nothing else comes to me, I'll pick a question from a list of writing prompts and write my thoughts about it

Comment

Working...
                              X