X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guitar will be jealous :D

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy and delighted to find Darebee. It's exactly what I was looking for; it's just like a dream.

Last week, I decided that I must take care of my body. It's been neglected for long time. Back in college days, I used to lift weights. I did it right without taking any supplements, so my body managed to maintain a good shape. Now that I'm getting older and gray hair is blooming, I have to do things right before it's too late.

Luckily, I have a place for myself where I can workout and then play some jazzy tunes

Click image for larger version  Name:	0842B73F-FEF2-4C51-85AE-9BFD54F56C43.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	539.2 KB ID:	608450

I want to start with IRONBORN and - if possible/recommended - Back and Core, can I do both at the same time?

By the way, I have a herniated disc (Sciatica) and my left leg's calf doesn't respond

Thank you and regards,

Musical gym ... hello, and welcome to The Hive, the social side of DareBee.

If just starting, it may be better to not go too fast. Leave something for next month.

You can easily match the IronBorn workouts with the Daily Dares (a minute or two extra) and/or the Workout of the Day (15 easy minutes - today) and/or the September Challenge (~1 minute).
    These will give you a great deal flexibility while avoiding needless "problems".
    It looks like you have your gear sorted, good luck with your efforts.

Comment

Many thanks @DairhiMeyer thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I’ll start with IronBorn and add some basic abs and back as I need to enforce both.

I have ordered an elastic band to train my left calf, I hope I manage to get back into shape. It’s too weak and force less.

Comment

Back and Core is an add-on program, meaning you can do it in combination with other programs. Just try it out, see if doing both works for you and if it's too much, do Back and Core only every second day, or drop it, or switch it out for something else. It's your choice, after all
        But, depending on how fit you are, starting slow is a really good advice. You can always add more stuff, if you want. Maybe start with IronBorn and look through the workout section for back and core stuff (some workouts are suitable for rehab) that you can add on every other day.
        Whatever you do, great to have you here and good luck with your training. And don't forget to have fun!

Comment

@Nihipaloa thank you for your input I can do the Back and core in the morning before I leave to work and the IronBorn evening time. I’m just waiting to receive the rest of the materials, hopefully by today, so I can start both programs.

Once again, thank you, I’m glad to be here

Comment

Nice setup and welcome! Just here to say "do it up!" and that I'm looking to lift weights in the long term (mostly calisthenic here still).

Comment

Originally posted by oneironaut View Post
              Nice setup and welcome! Just here to say "do it up!" and that I'm looking to lift weights in the long term (mostly calisthenic here still).
              Thank you! I'll start today, the setup is ready now!

Comment

Welcome to the Hive.

My drums are jealous too. But the day has to less hours.

Comment

Originally posted by dbViper View Post
                  Welcome to the Hive.

My drums are jealous too. But the day has to less hours.
                  Thank you! Guess what...I bought a kit and sent it back last week if I kept it, there wouldn’t be a place for me to workout

Click image for larger version

Name:	08349883-0016-49D3-97B6-146774FF1DF9.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	608832

Comment

Working...
                  X