Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist injuries

Do any of you suffer from wrist injuries or carpal tunnel? I have carpal tunnel in my wrists and I wonder if any of you deal with anything similar? Do you guys do anything specific to ease the pain. I'm fine during the day for the most part but when I wake up my hands and sometimes even all the way up to my elbows, they will tingle and be partially numb but not all the way. As well as if I move my hand a certain way I will feel whatever pop in my hand, almost like the palm of my hand usually- sometime my fingers then they will go numb. Some mornings I can't even open a bottle of aspirin because my hand hurts so bad I can't even hold the bottle.

Hello XxXKiarraXxX ,

This will certainly not be as good as checking with a doctor, but the resource has 3 hand workouts aimed at rehab / better mobility. You could maybe pick the one you like best and do it in the morning to ease your symptoms. But again, it won't beat specialized advice.

You can find those workouts here.

Comment

When I was practicing Aikido one of the most common problems was the pains in the wrists due to the levers, the exercise that we did and gave relief was with the arms at your sides, away from the body, shaking your hands vigorously letting all the tensions in your hands melt , wrists, forearms, arms up to the shoulders, the same thing was done with raised arms.
      Our Japanese teacher claimed that the exercise of shaking hands over the head with arms stretched repeated for 15 minutes was able to remove any pain

Comment

Working...
      X