Anyone want to share their Non Fitness Challeges?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone want to share their Non Fitness Challeges?

    I'll go first.

    Both my Dad, Brother and I are ex Military (50s-60s and 80s-90s relatively) He's an ex Cop, my Brother works in Construction and I work in a Kitchen.

    After one of us accidentally taught the 3 year old Grandchild that the response to anything that frustrates you is to call it a "Mother F***king C****sucker", it was decided that MAYBE we might want to ease up on the potty mouths a tad.

    SOOOOOOO.....30 Day No Swearing Challenge was born....

    It's on the honor system, so who knows how honest it will be but...…

    On day 4 and so far so good, personally.

    #2
    Personally?

    Try to get something done with writing every day. It doesn't necessarily have to be writing itself - it can be editing my last chapter, working on an outline for a different WIP (I have about three at present), even putting together something to apply to a new mini publication... Just anything that pushes me into the mind frame of writing and getting those specific creative juices going works.

    Comment


      #3
      I am the biggest time-waster\procrastinator ever. We moved here in March 2014 and still have boxes packed.

      Comment


        #4
        I can top this, CODawn: We moved in August 2004 and I still haven't finished everything

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Kingstonmike View Post
          I'll go first.
          Brother works in Construction
          Now lets hope he doesn't bang his thumb with a hammer.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	swearing.png
Views:	85
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	598615





          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
            I can top this, CODawn: We moved in August 2004 and I still haven't finished everything
            Haha you are my hero !!
            Procrastinating is one of my favorite hobbies (I probably shouldn't be proud of that )

            Comment


              #7
              I'm not sure how I should feel about that, Imoen
              I may be huge on procrastinating, but this one's more down to laziness. But, yes, here's one on us fellow procrastinators

              Comment


                #8
                I just started a no internet, no tv, no social media for a month challenge. I pop in on Darebee once in a while, which I know is on the internet, but really the idea is not to get sucked into the endless and unintentional content on YouTube, Netflix, and other sources.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by droehr View Post
                  I just started a no internet, no tv, no social media for a month challenge. I pop in on Darebee once in a while, which I know is on the internet, but really the idea is not to get sucked into the endless and unintentional content on YouTube, Netflix, and other sources.
                  This reminds me that occasionally I try to abstain from news pages, because all they usually do is putting me in a bad mood. Just today I thought that I could use a no news week, or even month. Maybe I should challenge myself with that.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Nihopaloa I got the idea from this video. Their videos are very smart, funny, and informative... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve37Bg4-hPc or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRbd...?v=lRbd4DYiP4U

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Hmm... I'm actually trying to take some online courses as intensive classes, meaning to learn them as fast as possible. Right now I'm taking some bartending lessons, and once I'm done with it, I'll go with barista lessons.

                      I'm also taking some challenges from a book that I've been listening to while training. So far, my time has been better organized, but I still have some things to do.

                      Originally posted by ArtBoyo View Post
                      Personally?

                      Try to get something done with writing every day. It doesn't necessarily have to be writing itself - it can be editing my last chapter, working on an outline for a different WIP (I have about three at present), even putting together something to apply to a new mini publication... Just anything that pushes me into the mind frame of writing and getting those specific creative juices going works.
                      This reminds me I should continue my NaNo out of the month, and that I have to write a short story for a contest in september...

                      And the writing classes I have to give to a book club, and I haven't even started the program yet

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Growing my business and learning to love myself. It's exhausted me like no other thing in my life, especially the latter. I'm getting better everyday!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X