Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout gloves

I think mine are about to give up the ghost...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	591769
    And while I'm perversely proud over doing that over the span of 8-9 months to those gloves, I need some advice on durable exercise gloves. Those Nike ones? Not worth the time.
    What have folks here used to good effect? What will I be doing? I'm mainly going to be doing calisthenics with a pretty heavy emphasis on ring and bar work (goal: 10 unassisted pull-ups) and kettlebell and Indian clubs.
    Any advice y'all can give?
    Attached Files

Iโ€™m a woman, so obviously not gonna have as much of the weight issue that a man has with wear and tear on gloves. But, I use my Coolibar hiking gloves for working out. Theyโ€™ve got some silicon nubs on the palm for grip, and they wick the sweat off my hands for bar work. And they are fingerless, a critical point!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

Comment

I use gold's gym gloves they lasted for more than a year
      got them for 7.88 at Walmart

Comment

I don't use gloves nowadays but have in the past in my basement gym, they were leather so held-up, I wore them inside out coz the black dye would stain my hands. I use to like gloves cos they made the 1" bars feel thicker. I wouldn't wear gloves in a public gym.

Comment

My advice is... don't use gloves, here's why:
          Calisthenics - you aren't able to feel the ground and this will throw off your balance. For ring/bar work, use chalk or nothing, this will harden your hands as well as train your grip (glove prevent this).
          Kettlebells - just don't use gloves as they provide less actual gripping power on the bell and it can slip out of your hands, use chalk.
          I've never used the clubs but gripping power would be a problem with gloves, again I'd suggest chalk.

That chalk from the local crafting store, you know the one kids use to draw on the path, I use it just beaten to a fine powder in a grinder.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X