Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This feels weird...

Those of you who've read some of the drivel I've posted on here know that I've posted some fairly personal stuff, some of it quite negative. This one, though, is not.

I weighed myself this morning and for the first time in.... longer than I can remember, I came in at under 12 stone: 11st 13lbs (that's 167lb for you Americans and 76kg for everyone else). I don't think even my wife has seen me at this weight in all the time we've been together and we started going out in 2003...

I'm still not where I want to be (and haven't been in probably 25 years) but every little helps, eh?

Martyn ... thanks for the "stone conversion".
    I can now say "I weigh over 13 stone and hope to get to just under ... eventually".
    180 pounds is just under 13 stone/182 pounds, yes?

Congrats. So ... maintain, dude.

Comment

I've lived in Canada since Nov 1972 and still use feet, inches and lbs. I worked construction for 13 years and a 8' 2X4 is always an 8' 2X4 never metric, I hate metric and hate watching weightlifting and they give it KG which means nothing to me. When I lived in Salford UK, I was a 7 stone weakling, now 10.571429 Stone

Comment

Thanks for indulging the imperially impaired among us, Martyn.

And more importantly, many congratulations on your weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiMeyer View Post
          Martyn ... thanks for the "stone conversion".
          I can now say "I weigh over 13 stone and hope to get to just under ... eventually".
          180 pounds is just under 13 stone/182 pounds, yes?

Congrats. So ... maintain, dude.
          DaithiMeyer thank you! Yes, eventually you will hopefully be able to say "I was 13 stone and now I'm .... (insert value here)!

1 stone = 14lbs. So if you're 180 you'd be 12st12lbs (= 81.6kg). (I know, I've bounced around that area for a while).

If you were 10 stone you'd be 140lbs = 63.5kg. My boss is about that (he's about an inch taller than me and he looks proper skinny).

Comment

One other side effect of this weight loss....

My wedding ring (which has already been resized downwards once) is now barely staying on my finger... I've moved it to my other hand, that should keep it there for a while

Comment

Working...
            X