X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand Alone or Combo Programs ?

Hello All,

I would like to hear from you on how you train .... I have been using darebee for about 3 months now ,

I did these 2 combos, quite helpful 1.) Iron Born + Back and Core + HIIT and 2. Iron Born + Total Abs + Combat Hiit.

But I have to do a lot of thinking and pre-work so I dont over-train certain body parts.....

Looking for help on

1.) Is there any one program that can address muscle, abs and cardio ? And with increasing levels / weights I can repeat multiple times.
    2.) If not, how can I quickly put together a monthly plan ?

Thanks in advance !

Imho, esp if you have access to barbells, do some push/pull/legs or whole body push day/pull day 3 day a week weight lifting routine with good compound lifts that you will engage your core with. Then do hiit on 2-3 of your non lifting days and abs on 1-2 days as active rest (your abs will get hit on your lifting days if you are lifting properly...but if you want extra abs focus this works).

Comment

I also find stacking a challenge and a running program with a program works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by BravoLimaPoppa3 View Post
        I also find stacking a challenge and a running program with a program works wonders.
        Thank you Bravo , Would you able to give some stacked programs that you did ? would help a lot to give an idea on how to do this .... TIA

Comment

Originally posted by 'rin View Post
          Imho, esp if you have access to barbells, do some push/pull/legs or whole body push day/pull day 3 day a week weight lifting routine with good compound lifts that you will engage your core with. Then do hiit on 2-3 of your non lifting days and abs on 1-2 days as active rest (your abs will get hit on your lifting days if you are lifting properly...but if you want extra abs focus this works).
          Thanks Rin, the 3 day PPL workouts - where do you find it - in darebee ? can you give some examples that you have done or planning to do ? TIA

Comment

So far I've really enjoyed having a workout plan based around being able to run a few times a week, so it usually looks like:

program that involves running + bodyweight/strength-based program + small extra (DDs or add-on programs or both).

Last month I did 30 Days of Change, Ironborn, and DDs. This month I'm going for 30 Days of Gravity (some changes to a few exercises so that I can use dumbbells), Power Up!, and the 20 x 3 running program here. I imagine in theory you could always technically go for any of the general fitness programs as well and then add in ankle/wrist weights or maybe hold kettlebells, medicine balls, or some standard weights while doing them (you can get a good idea of what you can alter if you scroll through a few days of Ironborn). I know I'm really fond of the idea of Athena's Playbook, so I might do something like that with the program once I do that one, just to throw in a little more difficulty.

Comment

They aren't in Darebee, but several ppl here use variations. Usually something like day A - Squat, Bench, bent row. B- Deadlift, pulldown(cables) or pullup or chinup, millitary press. Alternate so week 1 is ABA, 2 is BAB. Add more accessory lifts if you like/have time etc but those rly hit everything. Or do a leg day, a push day (chest, shoulders, triceps) and a pull day (back biceps) - you can use ironborn as a framework here.

Comment

I must admit before coming on here I trained from Fighters Codex paperback, which I did as a stand alone and that was fine.

now I am combining two workouts ,power up and strength protocol, these two seem to work well together.

I find a cardio and a strength workout goes well.

so suppose what I am trying to say is that you can combine most Workouts, maybe two or three programs but what you will have to see if they combine well and that you don't over train because of your combination of programs.

so play it by ear and see how it goes, if you find that it's fine and your recovering okay, keep on combining your programs.

Johnj49

Comment

Originally posted by JJ_Abe View Post

Thank you Bravo , Would you able to give some stacked programs that you did ? would help a lot to give an idea on how to do this .... TIA
                  Dash and 30 Days of Strength goes together like peanut butter and jelly.
                  Same for Ironborn and Sprintathlon.
                  The challenges I chose based on my goals and I encourage you to do the same. I've done a lot focused on my goal of 10 unassisted pull-ups, so negative pull-ups, dead hang, chair row and flex hang figure prominently. I also took 'time off' to work on my plank as one challenge.
                  ​​​​​​​I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X