Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I like about Darebee

Now I don't know about anyone else, and welcome any feedback you may have. But here are some things I like about the Darebee site.

- The workouts and programs are geared to all levels of fitness.
    - You can start as a total slug and work your way to extremely high level of fitness.
    - No gym membership required, workout when and where you want.
    - Lots of encouragement from other Bees.
    - Judgement free.
    - Most workout are body weight only, no equipment required.
    - The Hive community is priceless.

What say you?

All of what you said, RockNTennessee, but I also like a few technical aspects of the site itself:

- No ads (which is really, really awesome)
    - No script bloat
    - A clean and really individual design that is not totally mobile-optimised and horrible to use on an actual computer (I really love Darebee because of this)

On the non-technical side:

- The Hive manages to feel like a safe space without tip-toeing around and loudly proclaiming that its a safe-space (kudos to all of you Bees!)
    - Fitness advice on Darebee is sensible and without unrealistic promises
    - The recipes are awesome! (Cottage Cheese Pancakes )
    - So many great people
    - Badges! (Very, very motivating)

Comment

Besides what was mention d,
      - like the design of the PDFs and the site. Simple and gender neutral. Also works on iPhone iPad or desktop.
      - class options for profile are cute
      - workouts, daily dares, workout of the day, programs, challenges are all nicely organized and easy to follow
      - daily dare tracking and being able to check off days and sets in a challenge or program are handy
      - emoji choices are adorable
      - video exercise library useful if the illustrations of the exercise aren’t clear enough
      - training plans are a nice option if you want to choose your own workouts. Also the themes are cute just like the class options for profile. Would b cool if new training plans were added for the newer classes that have been added

Comment

the nice people along with motivation
        the badge earnings keeps me in
        class (I picked hero) its fun to have imagination
        the programs, challenges, workouts in general, balanced well, fun too with themes
        its free but donating is better
        having the help opinion actually is useful with videos to show how its done, it helped me know how to post pictures
        the manual it helped to me under stand how reps work
        exercise videos showing visually how to perform a exercise

Comment

You've basically said it all ...
          I can only say two simple things very important for me:
          nice people
          nice choices
          so everything works very well

Comment

You know quite a few of you have mentioned the Hive, which no one is wrong with their training, we all encourage everyone, no matter which training program they are doing at he moment, which is good.

I have been a member on a few other training forums, some to do with weights, martial arts, bodyweight training and from workout dvds.

a lot of the ones I have mentioned, not all but most have arguments galore, ranging from your not allowed to mention another way to train, for instance if your on one bodyweight site you can't mention other ways to train as you will get an automatic ban from the whole forum.

I find with the vast internet and the millions of websites that there are out there, there are to many people with arguments to prove a point.

this is why I find this website and firm refreshing as everyone is on a level playing field and no one is better than the next person.

johnj49.

Comment

Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
              The Hive manages to feel like a safe space without tip-toeing around and loudly proclaiming that its a safe-space
              I second that! ((Along with everything else in this thread.)) It's so rare to find a community that has a good balance and doesn't lean towards either of the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Comment

No ads are nice, but to me what I like is Darebee isn't about selling me a subscription to some program or diet. Eat healthy whole foods, exercise daily, drink water, and get plenty of sleep. I don't need to pay someone to tell me this and the workouts and programs which are provided here are pretty awesome.

Comment

Proud to be "nerdy"
                  Clean, simple, straightforward design aesthetic
                  Badges
                  The BEST online community I've ever been a part of
                  No ads
                  No pressure

Comment

Just to add a point, the flexibility - between workouts, challenges, full-on programs, add-on programs... lots of ways to use Darebee. For a long while I did programs, which were very complete in themselves and made me much fitter; and now that I have two "outside darebee" physical activities (running, and at the gym classes), I use stand-alone workouts to complete the week.

Comment

I came for the nerd-themed workouts.
                      I stayed for the community.

Comment

Working...
                      X