Rock hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock hunting

So I don't know where this originated but I've heard it started somewhere in Northern Ireland (near the bottom half). What is it? It's were people decorate seashore stones or garden stones (the kind that you can pick up in one hand), make them water tight and hide them all over the town. The kids here are going nuts over them, to be fair it is rather fun, and a great excuse to get outdoors and search the local area (yeah fitness ). I'm getting the RBL Youth Section involved as well as a means of having fun (aka hidden fitness).

If anyone wants to know about how to start your own "town name" rocks group, let me know and I'll do my best to find you the relevant information.

Don't deny it sounds rather fun and is a great way to get kids off those games consoles.

Like an Easter egg hunt

Comment

Hedwiga yes but you can't eat these . It's very fun I enjoy going to look for them. It is getting in the way of my 8 weeks to 5k but if you intentionally go looking for them (there's a LOT of them) you would easily get your 10,000 steps a day.

Comment

My cousin has been doing this in Niagara Falls area, lol. She makes georgeous marbled looking ones w words like "hope" or "bravery" to place.

Comment

'rin that sounds like what they are doing here, though they draw pictures on them as well as write on them. I think I'm the only 26 year old in the area who is taking part. It's so fun .
          Niagara falls does that mean that it didn't originate in Northern Ireland?

Comment

Age doesn’t matter! I still want to search for eggs on Easter.

Comment

mahes30
              It seems just like a waterfall named as Niagra
              & the falling of water sound just as thunder of cloud.

Comment

I think there have been variations of this since a long time.

It seems like a great way to get up your step count, for those who track such stuff

Comment

Working...
                X