I wanted to thank you guys for this site.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to thank you guys for this site.

I've been usong Darebee since early August of 2018, and officially tracking my workouts since February 2019. Mostly it's been for strength workouts, with some cardio thrown in. Having something to keep track of what I do is a powerful motivator to keep doing at least something every day. I have to say, I don't know if I've lost weight- my scale is crap, I haven't used it in I don't know how long- but today I climbed from floor 1 to floor 46 of One International Place in Boston. I have made this climb three times before; I did 13:26 my first year, 14:34 my second, 14:28 my third.

Today I did it in 11:15, no rest stops, and only two pauses to let other people pass me.

It has gotten easier. It *never* gets easier. I'm used to practicing stairs just meaning I get used to the aches and panting and burning, but... this year, with the Darebee workouts backing me up, *it got easier*.

So thank you. This really makes a difference.

ETA: I just had a closer look at my results. They have me down as bib number 26.

the bib in my purse, and the timing chip still attached to my shoe, say 28.

Either I was scanned into the computers with 'this chip is chip 26' by mistake, or they attached my information to the wrong chip. They have bib wearer 28 down as finishing in 14 minutes, which is still a damn good time, but I don't know if it's actually her time or mine. I'm informing the event organizers and the timekeeping company so they can figure out which it was.

Even so, thank you, still!

This post is awesome, and, wow, 46 floors! I don't know if I can walk even 10.

Comment

You did it like Flash !!!!

Congratulations for your new PR !!

Comment

camwynya thank you so much for adding this here. The success of each of us, raises us all. Seeing you guys become, by degrees, unstoppable, makes us all on the Darebee Team want to do even more stuff to help you get there. Thank you! (And a massive Congratulations! )

Comment

Damer Those in the Darebee team are truly nice people (sweating a lot from your workouts now.)

Comment

Originally posted by Damer View Post
            camwynya thank you so much for adding this here. The success of each of us, raises us all. Seeing you guys become, by degrees, unstoppable, makes us all on the Darebee Team want to do even more stuff to help you get there. Thank you! (And a massive Congratulations! )
            Thank you! As it happens, the timing company had my chip mixed up with chip wearer 26; I did in fact do the building in 14 minutes flat, not 11:15. I don't care. This is like thirty seconds faster than my previous two years' time, which is not bad considering that a) my prior year to year improvement was less than ten seconds and b) I don't generally have the greatest athletic performance when I'm in the middle of my period. I don't think I would have been able to do 28 seconds better than last year without everything that this site has been helping me do.

Comment

Awesome achievement and truly an inspiring post Yay for improvement and keeping it up!

Comment

Working...
              X