Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulking Quick

Hi guys, I know this is a stupid question, but what are some ways that I can bulk up more efficiently (quickly). Anything like maybe multiple workouts per day, different types of workouts, different sets/reps? I have no definite amount I want to gain, but I would just like to gain some muscle mass in general. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi SamFlynn82

I can't give you any advise on that, but while waiting for an answer from a more experienced Bee in bulking, you may want to check this article: How to build muscle.

Hope that helps for now

Comment

Gaining or losing weight ultimately come down to nutrition. Exercise will probably help you look better and feel better, but all the exercise and/or weightlifting in the world won't help if your nutrition is wrong.

It's really that simple: if you want to gain weight, eat more. If you want to gain muscle, you'll need to increase calories overall but especially focus on protein.

Comment

What Baston said!

Comment

If you're bulking, you need to do two things:

1. Eat more protein. Start keeping track of the grams of protein you eat. Aim for 110-120 grams a day. That will go a long way to helping you.

2. Lift low reps with very high weight. Don't "tone" or do any sets where your reps are more than single digits. 7-9 reps and failure, three sets with 45 second to a minute rest, is a good way to go for each muscle group.

Good luck!

Comment

So would 2 sets at 7-9 be acceptable and then the 3rd be maybe 20 pounds less and do that to failure or should that be a fourth set?

Comment

Working...
            X