Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best program for farmers?

What do you think is the best darebee program for farmers?

Maybe something that strengstens your back, „Back &Core“ maybe?

Comment

Matan my help you here.

Comment

Thanks for the tag HellYeah.
        acarpenter89 there's no easy answer to that question.
        It all depends what your goals are, I personally would recommend one of DAREBEE strength programs, IRONBORN maybe (I'm currently doing it for the second time). Also adding some stretching and mobility work would be a good idea.

Comment

Well, I might have some thoughts on that. I'm a retired cattleman.
          Long hours of lifting and manipulating heavy sh... stuff requires strength and endurance, but it seldom gives you a "balanced program". So if you can identify which muscle groups you are using a lot, you can then identify those which aren't getting worked as much and give them some attention. In the less intense seasons, I'd concentrate on a comprehensive strength program (Ironborn and Strength Protocol are both excellent).

The other things to give special attention to are:
          Flexibility
          Back and Core
          Flexibility
          HIIT
          Flexibility

Another area of concern is injury recovery. The problem with farming is, the cattle need feeding even when you have a couple of cracked ribs, or a pulled shoulder, or after a steer has kicked you in the knee. So take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, drink enough water.

Oh, did I mention flexibility?

Interesting bit of history - tai chi was developed by farmers and freelance soldiers in the Chen village, which was (and still is) an agricultural community. After a day of work in the fields or the barns, people didn't need to lift weights for strength training (if anything, they needed to recover from the work), so they trained with slow movements emphasizing flexibility, proper body alignment and natural movement patterns.
          I started doing tai chi about twenty-five years ago. If you can find a good school, it will help you enormously.

What kind of farming are you doing?

Comment

One would think farming would be very strenuous? If you lift lots all the time, perhaps concentrate on a cardiovascular program and flexibility?

Comment

I'm curious how being a farmer is any different from being a mother, a teacher, a garbageman, a baseball player, an engineer, a marketing representative, etc.

If you're farming, you're probably already strong with the hard work. Keep working at those specific muscles you want to improve, like the rest of us, and things will go well.

Comment

All I know is farm boys around here are very witty and tough....caution, don't watch the video if you don't like swearing and curse words....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_39tiODTV30

Comment

I wasn't a farmer but did work as a general labourer for a builder, I generally did my workouts on days off work. I think any routine with push-ups, sit-ups, squats and calves, I've done the 50 rep daily challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by thinman View Post
                    I wasn't a farmer but did work as a general labourer for a builder, I generally did my workouts on days off work. I think any routine with push-ups, sit-ups, squats and calves, I've done the 50 rep daily challenges.
                    Same with me thinman when I worked as a cargo handler loading heavy boxes into aircraft containers...up to 10 thousand pounds per night. I typically did that during the evenings are was an aircraft mechanic during the day...so not much need or time to workout during the week. I enjoyed my weekends bicycle riding, hiking and skiing.

Comment

mahes30
                      Kishan yojana is the best programme for
                      farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Warmaker View Post
                        I'm curious how being a farmer is any different from being a mother, a teacher, a garbageman, a baseball player, an engineer, a marketing representative, etc.
                        Well, it depends on what the teacher is teaching. For me, well, I don't really move when it comes with writing (unless I'm reciting a poem, then I move around the classroom as if it was a stage), but for music and photography, I have to move a lot, specially in photography, since I always teach it outside of the classroom. As for music, I always try to incorporate any sort of movement to internalize the music through it rather than only hearing. Some Darebee workouts helped before starting the class, and one of them is actually good for any piano student that struggles with coordination.

As you can see, my body doesn't do much work compared to a farmer's. But all the professions you mention have something common: there is always a wear. So, aside for compesation of the things that do not get worked out, there has to be a degree of wellbeing too.

Comment

Working...
                        X