Muscle strength

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, I am going to try to eat healthier, from what I've seen, just eating healthier will increase my endurence strength and max weight strength, I am going to try to base my diet off of the modern heros diet, and see hw it goes, am I right about it increasing strength? I know it at least increases energy and makes me feel a whole lot better

Comment

and thank you Kakarot

Comment

I use dollars though, not Euros, I can probably look it up on amazon though lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Darebee.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	575997
          This should help you get functionality stronger IWillGoSuperSaiyan then when you can ace this whole card, you can move up to weighted calisthenics. I am going to use this sheet to train until I master it and then move forward to using my resistance bands to make it harder. If you would like, we could create a thread and keep each other updated on how we are moving along, what progression we are doing etc. What do you think? Up for the it?

Comment

possibly, but i have to complete my daily workouts first, it's hard enough as it is with them, and with this added, it'll only be harder, but once I'm done with all of that, I can do that, sound fine?

Comment

Originally posted by IWillGoSuperSaiyan View Post
              HellYeah I can do a one leg squat, but I cannot do a one armed pushups, but luckily their is a workout for that on DareBee, thinman so how much weight do you initially start with?
              I use to do a side to side push-up.
              Your going to have to use a Gym or a drop-in Community Centre that has a weight room. My apartment building has a Fitness Room and only has dumbbells up to 50lb, so make use and there's a multi machine with pulleys.

When I started Truly Huge I used a weight that let me do 10 reps, as the weight went up the reps dropped. The exception was squats, they were 20 reps with pauses.

StrongLifts 5X5
              The StrongLifts 5×5 strength training program consists of two workouts…

Comment

I use to have a home gym when I did this routine.

A Whole Body Workout I've used

Squats 1 x 20 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers 1 x 20 reps (Immediately after squats)

Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Presses 3 x 6 to 8 reps

Chins 2 x as many reps as possible

Bent Over Barbell Rows 2 x 8 to 10 reps

Seated or Standing Dumbbell Press 2 x 8 to 10 reps

Barbell or Dumbbell Curls 2 x 6 to 8 reps

Standing Calf Raises 2 x 15 to 20 reps

Sit-ups 1 x 25 to 30 reps

Comment

you know guys, this is a lot of support thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by Kakarot View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Darebee.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	575997
                    This should help you get functionality stronger IWillGoSuperSaiyan then when you can ace this whole card, you can move up to weighted calisthenics. I am going to use this sheet to train until I master it and then move forward to using my resistance bands to make it harder. If you would like, we could create a thread and keep each other updated on how we are moving along, what progression we are doing etc. What do you think? Up for the it?
                    I am just reading 'convict conditioning' and do the 'get strong' program by the kavadlo bros. Both work with the same principle as your sheet... So I am very ok with progressive calisthenics. What diffeers is, that the sheet uses a weight training principle to decide when to do the next progression: From 4 to 8reps then to the next progression. As calisthenics is not as linear as adding weights, it could need other criterials to dicide when to progress. In ''convict conditioning" you have to do more sets and reps with easier exercises, before you progress and less the harder the progression gets, but still up to 20...

Comment

Comment

HellYeah I haven't read convict conditioning but it sounds more like strength endurance focused. If you are looking for strength then this rep scheme (assuming you use correct form) should be enough. Ultimately this is just a list of how to progress so if you wanted to, you could do higher reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakarot View Post
                          HellYeah I haven't read convict conditioning but it sounds more like strength endurance focused. If you are looking for strength then this rep scheme (assuming you use correct form) should be enough. Ultimately this is just a list of how to progress so if you wanted to, you could do higher reps.
                          Strength and strength endurance go hand in hand. And CC is also strength focused. If you have a linear weight addition every cycle, it is sure you can work like that, but let's say you wanna progress from half pullups to full pullups,3x8 reps of half pull ups do not seem enough to progress to 3x4 pullups, the set after. Just saying, to progress from one to a harder progression, it could need more than 3x8reps...maybe weighted calisthenics...

Comment

I think the workout Kakarot posted will be good for me

Comment

HellYeah I know what you mean. Guess I'll have an answer in a few months, I'm going to use that sheet and see if it does anything.

Comment

One last comment about strength and endurance.

I never trained with the (8 to 4) principle, but I trained towards 20 pullups in a row. And I did a lot of bouldering, what had a lot of unilateral strengh moves like feet assisted one handed pullups. But after getting the 20 in a row I did a 45kg weighted pullup as max... So I assume some effect of sets higher than 8 reps according to strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X