I hope someone could help me tone my arms. Whats the recommended dumbbell weight?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope someone could help me tone my arms. Whats the recommended dumbbell weight?

Please help me to know what is the recommended dummbell weights for beginner like me. Im 35 years old; Female. I have saggy arms and I want to tone it in 2 - 4 months.

Hi kiralescense and welcome to the Hive!

The weight you should be using really depends on you, there's no given weight that everybody should start with, as everybody is different. Pick a workout and then choose your weights in a way that allows you to just barely make the workout. If you can do the workout with no problems then the weights are too light, and if you can't finish the workout at all then they're too heavy. It takes a bit of trying in the beginning but once you figured out your weight you should be good for a while.

Also, while training will definitely help with toning your muscles you might have to take a closer look at your diet. To have a more toned physique you need to reduce your body fat and tone the muscles underneath. Diet is the major component for both points (reducing body fat and fueling your muscles so they can develop and "tone-up").

Stay consistent challenge your body and you will definitely see the change.

Comment

TheRaven is a font of wisdom. It is better to be too light than too heavy to prevent injury. But if you don't challenge your body you will not experience change.

Comment

Thank you so much. I thought there are different required weights for men and women. I have read when I Googled it, women can lift 5lbs to 8lbs while men 8lbs to 10lbs. But they must increase the weight or increase the repetition to see changes.

Now it was cleared that I can also lift 10lbs. Thank you for all your answers. It helps me big time.

Comment

kiralescense , I do the Power 20 workout with 5 kg dumbbells.

Comment

Originally posted by Louve rose View Post
            kiralescense , I do the Power 20 workout with 5 kg dumbbells.
            Louve rose great! For how long? Have you seen any changes so far? I have seen these workout in Pinterest and it leads me here.

Comment

kiralescense , I do this workout from time to time and I do other things too. I have a "morning routine": 10 incline push-ups, 1' squat hold punches, 5 to 10 incline push-ups, I do that each morning. In addition, I do an "upperbody" workout one to two times a week, I do rowing (Scandinavian type) two times a week for 4 weeks (I did rowing last year and stopped, I don't know why), Thanks to all of that, I have really nice arms considering my age (65 at the end of the month) (even my son thinks they are ok ).

Comment

Originally posted by Louve rose View Post
                kiralescense , I do this workout from time to time and I do other things too. I have a "morning routine": 10 incline push-ups, 1' squat hold punches, 5 to 10 incline push-ups, I do that each morning. In addition, I do an "upperbody" workout one to two times a week, I do rowing (Scandinavian type) two times a week for 4 weeks (I did rowing last year and stopped, I don't know why), Thanks to all of that, I have really nice arms considering my age (65 at the end of the month) (even my son think they are ok ).
                Louve rose Youre awesome! My mom same as your age, stopped working out. She had a frozen shoulder. And now shes getting back to her old routine. Youre both AWESOME! Now I have no excuse not to workout.

kiralescense Im also using 5lbs but I have plan to increase it to 8 or 10lbs this week. I want some challenges!

Comment

alesca , nice that your mom goes back to her routine! Cheers for her!

Comment

Thank you, Louve rose and alesca I really appreciate it.

Guys, can I also do cardio in the morning then strength training in the afternoon or the other way around?

Comment

Working...
                    X