When do you work out?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar I don't remember for full certainty. I want to say it was a Team Beachbody article from years ago pre-running days, but I am only about 60% sure.

Part of the foggy memory RE: source is from the fact that I regret having a brief fling with BB in the first place. I quickly found I could not buy into their system and I was further turned off by discovering most of their on-screen instructors are not certified, which is something I refuse to compromise on with video workouts by principle. I think I did four BB workouts and then gave it up.

Comment

Another one with a variable schedule here. Sometimes 4am, sometimes 11pm. Ideally, just after waking (which, again, is highly variable), but that's more a goal than reality.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 14.33.02.png Views:	0 Size:	165.3 KB ID:	575518

I'm this dude

Comment

BlackButler That's another way of saying "I don't have time, I make time." Brilliant!

Comment

Most days I get my workout in before breakfast, which, depending on the day, is usually between 5:45 and 9:00. But there are days when it's around 3:00 in the afternoon, or 7:00 p.m. after work.

Comment

I work out first thing in the morning. On weekdays, I get up around 6:15, on weekends I let myself sleep in...but I still work out first thing!

Comment

hi,

when working, i usually get up at 5am or 5.30 and 5 minutes later I'm doing my workout of the day... one of a list of ten that change every so often ... after that, sweaty and well worked, i sit down for 20 minutes of meditation - no chance of falling asleep or even getting overly tired, no matter how late it was the night before 😁

cheers, martikkk

Comment

Before breakfast, right after I get up (which is around 10 a.m.) and prepared my muesli, so it can soak while I workout. Since I am self-employed and have the luxury to make my own schedule, I like to stay up rather late (~2 a.m.)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackButler View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 14.33.02.png Views:	0 Size:	165.3 KB ID:	575518

I'm this dude

Comment

Usually, in the morning, before breakfast.
                      If I go for a run or something in addition to Darebee stuff, I do that after I come home from work.

Comment

I usually do a short, easy bit of yoga just after I heave myself out of bed. Most mornings, my body feels heavy and stiff just after getting up and my mental discipline isn't there yet. If I lounge around in bed for one hour, e.g. on weekends, that might be a different kettle of fish.

My best workout time is in the late afternoon/early evening, that's when I have energy, but probably my brain wants a break from work. (I'm self-employed and mental focus is my most important resource.)

Comment

Usually my only time during the week is right after I get home from work around 3pm, on weekends it varies.

Comment

Weelday, bad : usually in the evening, and I finish about 1hour before sleeping. Should do it earlier, but I can't be arsed.
                            Weekend : when I think about it. Most often before lunch, sometimes before dinner.

Comment

On my own, basically first thing when I get home from work.
                              On days I'm at the dojo, on that schedule...

Comment

I am not a morning person, so I agree with Scaredandscarred you gotta find the time when you WILL work out.

For me that's my lunch break - I lucked out in my office moving next to a gym, so on my lunch breaks I just clock out for an hour and get a 45 min workout in. If I'm a good girl I'll workout at least four times a week or everyday. If I've got errands/get busy then I aim for at least two or three days a week. I like it because 1) I don't have much else to do on my lunch breaks 2) my job can get stressful so a mid-afternoon endorphin boost is just what I need most days

If I'm trying to do a Darebee challenge / week then I'll do that right after work as soon as I get home (and after I walk the dog - priorities). Having the extra evening workout helps and I can also time it so that I eat my lunch or my dinner after my workouts, when I'm usually getting hungry and can feel the cravings for food. This also reduces snacking for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X