Which is more effective doing HIIT or 10k steps a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alesca View Post
    But sometimes Im having a knee pain or pain in the ankle but its tolerable and its gone after an hour or two.

Thats my worries If Im exercising too much because of the knee or ankle pains due to walking everyday and then Im doing HIIT 3x a week every other day.
    Maybe it is a problem with your shoes not giving you enough support. Maybe change your shoes or wear some kind of supportive insole.

Comment

alesca The body uses your fat as energy source, if there is no more energy left from food. (short version)

So if you need 2500kcal a day and eat 2000kcal, 500kcal are taken from fat reserve.

If you eat 2500kcal and you do exercises for 500kcal ,these are taken from your fat reserve...

These two ends are both possible or a combination of both. Eat 250kcal less and do exercises for 250kcal

Your muscles are build from protein, that is why your protein intake should be higher than normal when you train.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamomelano View Post

Maybe it is a problem with your shoes not giving you enough support. Maybe change your shoes or wear some kind of supportive insole.
        dynamomelano that could be the problem! Im not using gym shoes when walking. I used Merrell hiking sandals . I'll try to use gym shoes next time.

Comment

Originally posted by HellYeah View Post
          alesca The body uses your fat as energy source, if there is no more energy left from food. (short version)

So if you need 2500kcal a day and eat 2000kcal, 500kcal are taken from fat reserve.

If you eat 2500kcal and you do exercises for 500kcal ,these are taken from your fat reserve...

These two ends are both possible or a combination of both. Eat 250kcal less and do exercises for 250kcal

Your muscles are build from protein, that is why your protein intake should be higher than normal when you train.
          HellYeah I fully understand now! I was about to ask about protein etc and there you already answered it. OMG. You had just made a very brief summary of all my researches for the past 3 months. Thanks to the very comprehensive explanation. Now I know what to do and where to start. Now Im excited to get toned again. From thr bottom of my heart,

Thanks to all! Sorry if It took 4 pages before I fully understand. I learned a lot!

Comment

Waaaaaaaiit HellYeah youve mentioned 'kcal' not 'cal'. Then ive searched it

kcal is: 1000 calories = 1 kilocalorie, is the energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1 degree Celsius

So 500kcal = 5000 calories???

Again... "Newbie here"

Comment

What is called a calorie is technically 1kcal. No need to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by HellYeah View Post
                What is called a calorie is technically 1kcal. No need to worry.
                HellYeah

Comment

Working...
                X