Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing workouts

I’m not into the 30-day challenge type stuff but I really like to have a variety of workouts to do because I have terrible ADD and a busy family life. I like total body HIIT, Strength, and High Burn stream workouts but I do not know how to set up a schedule as to what workouts to do day by day. Anybody got any advice so that I do not plateau and I can keep fit? Basically, how do you set up your workout plans?

It depends your goals, you can follow / design a specific plan. Please, have a look here, and maybe helps you to get some ideas

Comment

Thank you for sending me in that direction. I had seen those but never knew how to apply them. Makes sense.

Comment

I'll be honest, plateauing is the least of your concerns. If you don't even have much time or you get bored really quickly with exercising, you're not going to be anywhere near the level of a fitness plateau.

Otherwise, just start experimenting. Try the daily dare in the morning and pick a single day workout for the evening. See how you feel and what you like and what works.

I, for example, have a wife, three kids, a full time job, and a busy life but I "make" time for exercise because I enjoy it and it's important to me. I carve out time and I like things like sprints, pull-ups, core work, heavy weights, etc. So my goals and my enjoyment makes it easy for me to pursue fitness.

You, on the other hand, have different goals, thoughts, and you react differently to exercise. I can tell you I loosely follow a schedule of Long Run, weights, hard run + weights, weights, sprints, easy, soccer/baseball night, and I run that over and over. But that won't help you figuring out what you want, you know?

Good luck. Try some things and decide from there.

Comment

Originally posted by dancortese View Post
          I’m not into the 30-day challenge type stuff but I really like to have a variety of workouts to do because I have terrible ADD and a busy family life. I like total body HIIT, Strength, and High Burn stream workouts but I do not know how to set up a schedule as to what workouts to do day by day. Anybody got any advice so that I do not plateau and I can keep fit? Basically, how do you set up your workout plans?
          Do something different everyday, and do what you want. The Darebee workout plans are built to avoid plateau, and they have active rest days built in. It’s best to blend resistance, HIIT, and flexibility. Every few weeks, switch to different exercises and never repeat the same exercise two days in a row, except for cardio.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I was definitely seeking some direction and I appreciate the insight.

Comment

You can also use the workout filter to select the type of workout you want if the workout of the day in the homepage does not fit you. And then keep track of the ones you want in your folders. You can also get random workouts from the apps.

Comment

...or here
                www.darebee.com/random.php

Comment

Working...
                X