Post your workout playlist!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaredandscarred of course Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake! I get goosebumps whenever I hear any variation of the Swan Theme

my favorite part is 1:05-1:30!

I love the Russian composers, especially Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky. My favorite piece of all time is the Rite of Spring— I wish I could have seen the ballet in person, but I nearly cried when I found this:

The original choreography from the one and only performance of the Rite of Spring ballet was lost after the riot, but someone found notes in an attic somewhere and they recreated the first act!

Comment

Usually if I"m exercising in the server room I don't put on a playlist. But if I'm climbing the stairs:

Pacific Rim, Ramin Djawadi
      Halo 2 Theme, from the Halo 2 video game soundtrack by Marty O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori
      Main Title Theme from the Battlestar Galactica (1978) tv soundtrack
      The Wings Of Icarus, Celldweller
      Being Alive, Audiomachine
      Stronger Faster Braver, Two Steps From Hell
      Heart of Courage, Two Steps From Hell
      Moskau, orig. by Dschinghis Khan (my recording is from a tribute band called Rocking Son)

Also a separate playlist for the occasions when I do want music for other exercise:

Woke Up This Morning, A3
      Pacific Rim, Ramin Djawadi
      Vortal Combat, from Valve Software's Orange Box soundtrack
      Hammer to Fall, Queen
      Red October, Audiomachine
      Robert Mackenzie, Paul Gross on the Due South Vol. 2 soundtrack (I usually fastforward after the lyrics finish because there's an extra minute and a half of music and a brief spiel from the TV episode when they used the song)
      Rock El Casbah, Rachid Taha's Les Inrockuptibles album
      Stronger Faster Braver, Two Steps From Hell
      Under Pressure, Queen and David Bowie
      Mein Herz brennt, Rammstein

(TBH I have a lot of production music albums- pieces written specifically for movie trailers, video game trailers, etc.- that I swap in and out for exercise time. The adrenaline stimulation factor that production music tends to require goes a long way when it comes to exercise.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scaredandscarred View Post
        I don't really have a workout playlist yet. Part of my problem is that my go-to station is a public-supported classic station in Boston (WCRB 99.5FM), which is not exactly what one could call conducive to working out to.
        My preferred station is NPR, so I get it. But, I still find I can concentrate on the workout. If I don't like the programming, I switch to a popular music station. I used to not be able to switch easily because Alexa has just recently learned how to get that station from TuneIn. I guess Alexa got confused in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackButler View Post
          Please don't judge
          I won't

Comment

Since I´ve got a lot of different playlists for different things I´ve got multiple playlists for working out. So I´ll just post one now and the others maybe when i feel like it. It´s not really my usual taste in music, but it helps me get a move one. And since I put my playlists on shuffle, I´ll just post it in alphabetic order. Makes it easier for me. With 50something songs this is by far my longest workout playlist, but still a pretty short one compared with my three main playlists with ~ 200 songs each

Pick Up The Pieces - Average White Band
            Stayin´Alive - Bee Gees
            Night Fever - Bee Gees
            You should be dancing - Bee Gees
            Rasputin - Boney M
            Sunny - Boney M
            Stomp! - The Brothers Johnson
            Boys are back in town - The Bus Boys
            Cleaning up the town - The Bus Boys
            Lone Digger - Caravan Palace
            Rock it for me - Caravan Palace
            Got to be real - Cheryl Lynn
            Slippery when wet - Commodores
            Brick house - Commodores
            Machine gun - Commodores
            Get lucky - Daft Punk
            Relight my fire - Dan Hartman
            Can´t fight the funk - Doctorfunk
            September - Earth, Wind & Fire
            Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire
            War - Edwin Starr
            Turn to Stone - Electric Light Orchestra
            Mr. Blue Sky - ELO
            Best of my love - The Emotions
            Fight the power pt 1&2 - The Isley Brothers
            I want you back - Jackson 5
            Blame it on the boogie - The Jacksons
            Get up offa that thing - James Brown
            Get down tonight - KC & The Sunshine Band
            That´s the way(I like it) - KC & The Sunshine Band
            Feels like i´m in love - Kelly Marie
            Footloose - Kenny Loggins
            Ladies Night - Kool & The Gang
            Get Down On It - Kool & The Gang
            Jungle Boogie - Kool & The Gang
            Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
            Ain´t no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye
            Flash Light - Parliament
            Shake Your Grove Thing - Peaches & Herb
            Well Run Dry - Phat Phunktion
            Higher Ground - RHCP
            Come and get your love - Redbone
            Car Wash - Rose Royce
            Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
            Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
            Superstition - Stevie Wonder
            I Wish - Stevie Wonder
            Disco Inferno - The Trammps
            Rasputin - Turisas
            Happy - Pharrell Williams
            In The Navy - Village People
            Macho Man - Village People
            YMCA - Village People
            Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry

This one is mainly for Cardio and anything fast. Also for when I´m happy or want to feel happy.

Comment

Originally posted by G0BL1NK1NG View Post
              Bagpipe music makes you powerful. You can do anything! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXm8JdC4k4c

That was a welcome surprise, did not expect such a powerful kick out of bagpipes

Comment

I don't really have a playlist...I have a laptop in my basement hooked up to a stereo. So I will usually blast music like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, SLAYER, PANTERA, OZZY OSBOURNE, BLACK SABBATH, DISTURBED, AC/DC, AMON AMARTH, HELLYEAH, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, VOLBEAT...Basically hard rock and metal.

Comment

This question comes up with some regularity, and likewise my answer doesn't really change.

Exercise music should be loud and terrify you into running faster and pushing harder - Pantera, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Gojira, Meshuggah, etc etc

Comment

for me as long as i got a beat i can do anything! well maybe! i do like thunder by imagine dragons thats my pre workout song, gets me going~

Comment

AwkwardPenguin Imagine Dragons and Panic! At The Disco? I see you're a person of culture as well.

I have more than 2000 songs on my playlist, so I guess it's better not to put it here.
                      But here go some artists:

Imagine Dragons
                      Billie Eilish
                      Queen
                      Michael Jackson
                      Panic! At The Disco
                      Twenty One Pilots
                      The Weeknd
                      Jacob Banks
                      Kamaitachi
                      Khalid
                      Post Malone
                      etc.

Comment

I have a few different playlists that I choose from, depending on how and feel and what kind of workout I'm doing...though video game soundtracks make up a big chunk of all of them, especially Final Fantasy XIII.

Night before last the playlist was selected tracks from the Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd video game!

Comment

Originally posted by O.Liver View Post
                          I've been wanting to stitch a workout playlist together for so long. I'm gonna steal all of these
                          Me too!

Anyone thought of making/sharing spotify playlists?

Comment

GET SOME https://open.spotify.com/user/122996...TYy7JV6c9jukiA

Comment

There you are ​​​​​​
                              https://open.spotify.com/user/mn2e1o...T9u0Ze6pKf0LDQ

Basically, it includes[LIST][*]Two steps from hell[*]Avenged Sevenfold[*]Dragonharp[*]Imagine Dragons[*]5FDP[*]Sabaton[*]Mulan and Pokemon music, as well as a few memes[/LIST]
                              (Gosh I love dragonharp so much)

Comment

https://open.spotify.com/user/leonfr...QfSg6Xr4hPHAPQ

Thats my playlist for combat, katana, strength and slower workouts. Includes a lot of Sabaton.

You can also look at my other public playlists, if you are interested

Comment

Working...
                                X