X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geeky Motivations: The Quotes Version

Hi guys!

I'm having so much fun with everyone's ideas on the Geeky Motivations board, and since I noticed some quotes drifting in there, I thought it would be fun to make a "Quotes Version" of Geeky Motivations! Here are some I came up with:

Siraxtanata's Motivational Quotes Collection:
    • "Beware the easy path. Knowledge only grows through challenge." --Assassins Creed The Lost Archive
    • "What is a man but the sum of his memories--we are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves." --Subject 16, Assassins Creed
    • "To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic." -Ezio Auditore
    • "If Vengeance has a mother, her name is Patience." --Jay Kristoff, Nevernight
    • "I am being perfectly f--ing civil." --Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves
    • Lara: But you might try to kill me.
      • Powell: I'm not going to kill you.
      • Lara: I said you'd try.
        • Tomb Raider
    • "RUN YOU BASTARDS--I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!" --Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
    • "FREELANCER POWERS ACTIVATE" -Agent Washington
    • “She always said she wanted to be like the heroes in the stories...”
      ― Monty Oum, RWBY Official Manga Anthology Vol. 1: Red Like Roses
    • "I am iron, and I forge myself." --Lagertha
    And for you DBZ fans:
    • "Push through the pain--giving up hurts more." --Vegeta
    • "I do not fear this new challenge. Rather, like a true warrior, I will rise to meet it." --Vegeta
    Hopefully these aren't too serious, haha. What quotes do you guys have?

"I don't know why you call saiyans by such mindless names, all it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance. I guess name calling is your only attack because you're to weak to attack me any other way" Goku.
    When I first heard this quote as a child, it meant nothing to me, when I was in my early 20s and heard it again, as someone who was bullied in school it struck a cord.
    Another one I quite like is "Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need" Goku.

Comment

"Experience has taught me that wishful thinking only leads to disappointment." The Prince, Prince of Persia.
      "Don’t ever stop. Always keep going, no matter what happens and is taken from you. Even when life is so unfair, don’t give up." Ezio de Auditore, Assassin's Creed II
      "Given enough time, any man may master the physical. Given enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is a true warrior, who can master both." Emperor Yoshiro, Command and Conquer III
      "My motto is to be stronger than yesterday. If I have to I'll be stronger than half a day ago, even a minute ago." Rock Lee, Naruto
      "You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you." Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
      "'God, man! Look at you. You lost like 200 pounds! What'd you do?' 'I just did one thing.' 'I need to know.' 'I worked out 6 hours a day every day, for the last 20 years straight.'" Kevin Hart and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Central Intelligence
      "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." Lao Tzu
      "No! Try not! Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Hahaha, I looove quotes!

I'll start with the rather funny and hilarious ones, I can spontaneously remember...

"The first thing I gotta do is see a man about a book. There must be some spell I can say to undo all this. The other first thing I gotta do is some cardio, my heart is jackhammering like a quarterback on prom night." --Ashley 'Ash' J. Williams (Ash vs Evil Dead 2015 - S01/E01 'El Jefe')

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." --Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)

"Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king." --Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)

"I know you're scared; we're all scared, but that doesn't mean we're cowards." --Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum." --Nada (They Live 1988)

Frank: "Listen, man, I don't like anyone following me if I don't know why they are."
        Nada: "Well, I don't join up with anyone, unless I know where they're going." (They Live 1988)

"Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything." --Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid 1984)

"It’s ok to lose to opponent. It’s never okay to lose to fear" --Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid Part III 1989)

"Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?" --Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid 1984)

"You must learn to be faster than any punch or kick, that way won't get hit." --Xian Chow (Kickboxer 1989)

"You told me to use any tactic that works, never to commit yourself to one style, to keep an open mind!" --Frank Dux (Bloodsport 1988)

Boxer: "But I heard you can get killed at that Kumite."
        Jackson: "Only if you fvck up." (Bloodsport 1988)

"You cannot take Katana Sword by stealing, it is very special sword, you must earn it." --Tanaka (Bloodsport 1988)

Daniel: "So, karate's fighting. You train to fight."
        Miyagi: "That what you think?"
        Daniel: [pondering] "No."
        Miyagi: "Then why train?"
        Daniel: "So I won't have to fight." (The Karate Kid 1984)

"Now use head for something other than target." --Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid 1984)

"Fighting not good. But if must fight... win." --Miyagi (The next Karate Kid 1994)

"Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land." --Miyagi (The next Karate Kid 1994)

"You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out. So, what we'll be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!" --Duke (Rocky Balboa 2006)

"It doesn't matter how this looks to other people. If this is something you gotta do, then you do it. Fighters fight." --Marie (Rocky Balboa 2006)

"You know, I think you try harder when you're scared... That's when it's worked best for me." --Rocky (Rocky Balboa 2006)

Mason 'The Line' Dixon: "You are one crazy old man."
        Rocky Balboa: "You'll get there." (Rocky Balboa 2006)

Mason 'The Line' Dixon: "It's already over."
        Rocky Balboa: "There ain't nothin' over 'til it's over."
        Mason 'The Line' Dixon: "What's that from, the '80s?"
        Rocky Balboa: "That's probably the '70s." (Rocky Balboa 2006)

"There's always somebody out there. Always. And when that time comes and you find something standing in front of you, something that ain't running and ain't backing up and is hitting on you and you're too damn tired to breathe. You find that situation on you. That's good, 'cause that's baptism under fire! Oh, you get through that and you find the only kind of respect that matters in this damn world: self-respect." --Martin (Rocky Balboa 2006)

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life." --Rocky (Rocky Balboa 2006)

Ups... ...got a little carried away!
        I could do this all day long. I haven't even started yet...

Comment

"Don't blink. - Blink and you're dead. - They are fast. - Faster than you can believe. - Don't turn your back - Don't look away. - And don't blink. - Good Luck." -- The Tenth Doctor

Comment

There will be more, but here's my start.
            I am a Ranger! We walk in the dark places no others will enter! We stand on the bridge and no one may pass! We live for the One, we die for the One!

Comment

Training is nothing, will is everything.

Comment

My favourite would be a reply to whenever I or someone else says, 'I can't'. The reply is, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride.

Comment

OMG the Angels will always motivate me to work out and move faster! Thanks for re-instilling that fear in me dbViper!

As for my quotes:
                  • "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf, LOTR: Fellowship
                  • "Mischief managed." Because that's what every Potterhead wants to say at the end of an epic adventure, no?
                  • "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." FDR
                  • "Veni, vedi, vici" or "I came, I saw, I conquered." Julius Caesar

Comment

"Saving people, hunting things, the family business."

Comment

Originally posted by dbViper View Post
                      "Don't blink. - Blink and you're dead. - They are fast. - Faster than you can believe. - Don't turn your back - Don't look away. - And don't blink. - Good Luck." -- The Tenth Doctor
                      Like that?

Comment

Originally posted by lpf View Post

Like that?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	407618465508098049.png?v=1.png
Views:	194
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	570415

Comment

@Ipf: awsome

Comment