Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction time

Hey all. New here so Thought I should leave a brief introduction and a bit of why I'm here.

I'm a late 20's engineer who sits behind a desk all day, however I like to get out and hike when I can. Right now, I just never feel like I have the energy to get out. I want to change that and increase my endurance for longer hikes I'm also looking to lose some weight to deal with some various health concerns. I'm about 60lbs above where I want to be right now. I started changing my diet recently doing more home cooked with much smaller portions than I'm used to (as in healthy portions, not SuperSize Me portions). I'll be starting the Foundation plan soon and then currently thinking of jumping over to Hero's Journey after that. I've been doing random workouts here and there just to see where I'm at but I know I do better with a plan to follow.

A few facts about me
    - Casual Gamer
    - Sound and Lighting Tech as a Hobby
    - Favorite Drink: Old Fashoined
    - Social Introvert
    - A nerd

Any help or advice is always appreciated. I'm never one to shy away from self development.

"You’re lost in the woods. We all are. Even the captain. The only difference is, he likes it that way."
    "The only difference is, the woods are the only place I can see a clear path."

Hey arcraidermc - I'm also a nerdy late 20's engineer! Welcome to the Hive! I'm doing 90 Days of Change right now, and I'm trying to lose 120 lbs (I'm down 35 lbs from where I was). Nice to meet you!

Comment

Serenity quotes. Nice one. I´m a gamer and nerd too. And I´m terrible with people. So welcome! If you have any questions just ask them, everybody here is really nice and helpful

Comment

arcraidermc Welcome to the Hive! You have definitely come to the right place! Great plan on the Program front you are going to love Hero's journey when you get there! I wish you all the best buddy! As you say don't be afraid to ask any questions we re all here to help out I also look forward to your thread if you create one

Comment

Thank you all for the warm Welcome! also fatgirlonamission Congrats on the Progress! That is Fantastic!

Comment

arcraidermc
            Hi, there! I'm new here, just like you, and apart from the age - I'm a little bit older - I share all of your other "few facts about me".
            Go on and start the plan you choose today! Believe me, it helps with consistency.
            Good luck!

Comment

Welcome to the hive.

A good start is to pick one program and follow it. When you are in the flow you can alternate your workouts. Just have fun!

Comment

Welcome! This is a nice, supportive group of people. Mid-40s introvert nerd here (lab technician).

Comment

Welcome.

Mid-50s(Already???) Industrial Chef.
                  Bit introverted but I hide it well, I think.
                  Been looking to get a winter exercise regime going (Summers seem to take care of themselves, what with the cycling, swimming and paddling)

Comment

Working...
                  X