Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training motivation

Hey, so I'll just get to the point. I want to know what motivates you to train. I personally enjoy training, it's the highlight of my day as I don't have a job ATM. I've been doing this challenge in the playground, the 100 challenge, and my motivation was wavering, then I found this video and it made me want to do more training.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd4rBkXLBLI

I like how I feel after I workout. When I do nutrition & exercise right, I like how I look. I want to age healthier. I have 10 grand kids; so I exercise so I can continue to be the "fun grandpa." I exercise for my wife, so together, we can continue to enjoy all that life has to offer.

Comment

I like the hurt after a great workout. I am not happy where I am right now and I want to be better, so I am focused on my goal. And right now that is motivation enough for me.

Comment

I love how I feel after a workout it helps me in my job as lifting radiators and shower doors etc (work in s plumbers merchants) and I have enjoyed how my body has changed since I started last year about June time I have a picture of when I started and a video of my combat training a couple weeks ago and can see the difference.

Andy

Comment

I have had chronic neck pain since I was 25. I'm now 41. Comes from the slight curve in my spine. No one else can tell, but the pain sure let's me know. In my mid 30s I told my husband I felt 80. I hurt so much. I'm a mom to 5 kids and wife to a man is awesomely fit. I started working out to not feel old. To keep up with my very active family. And I realized that for the time I was working out I couldn't feel my neck pain. Literally, my brain was so focused on the workout, the huffing and puffing, the tired muscles, that I h as d relief from my pain for that time and about 30 minutes after. It was amazing. I didnt feel old when I was working out. I felt like I could conquer! I didnt feel depressed that my husband was super fit and I was feeling old and tired in my thirties. So I started working out a couple times a day. And then we did a Tough Mudder and a couple other mud runs. We got our kids involved. It was life changing for me. I still have neck pain. But I also have a strong body and at 40 only recently started losing sprint competitions with my oldest son. We play tag as a family and constantly have other kids asking to join and I love running down a kid who has never had an adult female do such a thing. My husband and I are game leaders at our church Vacation Bible school every summer and we run those kids down and they love that we play hard with them.

Do I still have motivation trouble sometimes? You betcha! But just thinking of how fitness changed my mindset, my life...I will keep going. I do not feel old any longer before my time. Like I said, I still have pain. But it's less depressing to have pain when I can jump up and do pull ups or go for an interval run or do awesome Darebee workouts like Age of Pandora.

Fitness simply makes life better.

Comment

Working...
          X