Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to working out..

I am new to working out, any advice or suggestions?

Welcome!! Look at the Programs menu, pick one,maybe Foundation or Foundation Light, & give it a try. The most import part, is you want to make a change. Good for you. That is awesome. If you slip a bit, ( and we all do), just pick up where you left off and keep going.

Comment

Welcome to darebee taking the first step is doing foundation light and don’t overdo it as you will injure yourself, us here will help you when you need it, also another way to keep motivated is make your own check in thread as then that is a way too write down how you think your workout went also over there there’s a lot of good reading.

hope that helps
      Andy

Comment

I am a beginner too. I think the Posture Challenge is really good. Easy to do but very effective.

Comment

xoxdanni welcome to darebee and the hive foundation or light is definately the best program to start of with. This will give you an idea of where to progress when you finish it good luck

Comment

Also xoxdanni if you go to the Darebee home page and scroll to the bottom left of the page there's a section on getting started that has some great information for beginners.

Comment

Hi xoxdanni welcome
              I think it will be nice to pick something that looks fun to you, maybe from the challenge page, if you are really new to working out. That's what keep you going.

Comment

I just started too. I'm doing Foundation Light. I'm still at Level 0. I did one set for my first month, now I'm on Day 18 of my second month of 2 sets, with 10 knee pushups in between. Hopefully next month I'll be at Level 1.

FL I do in the evening. I do Top to Bottom in the morning followed 2 sets of Street Fighter or Dynamic Dumbells before work. SF on MWFSS, DD on TTh.

I also log my activity and diet in Samsung Health. My fittness Pal is a great app too. I also log it in my Check In page. Seeing my eating and exercise habits laid out in those is VERY ENLIGHTENING.

I started a week before Thanksgiving at 305#, last week I was down to 280#. 275 is my first goal. I was going to give myself six months to get there, I may do it in three. Then my second goal will be 250 in the next six months. I'm hoping for about 10% per six months, about a pound a week.

I've had some setbacks, gorged myself at a couple of Christmas parties, had some BAD sciatic pain a few days a BAD COLD for a few days and a few days with a crick in my neck so bad I couldn't breath. Determination and self forgiveness are an important part of it for me. If I miss a day, I'm not being too hard on myself, I'm 59, I gotta change, and setbacks are just part of the change. I had to skip FL last night because of the crick, I think I'll be ok tonight hopefully.

I wish you the best.

Comment

Hi, I've been doing Foundation Light for 4 days now. I am so glad I found Darebee! Today was the hardest. My whole problem with exercise is my knees. I had to get on my knees today, but I did it!! But the good thing is, it's not something that's an every day thing. I get time for my knees to recover while I continue to workout. This challenge or workout gives me something every day so If I slack on my 2 week workouts, I still have this challenge to meet, so it keeps me moving. Whatever your fitness level, Darebee has something for you!! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X