Bread? Bread. BREAD!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinman being Eastern European and in England, I sometimes buy it too : ) It can be a bit pricey but I treat myself every so often.

Comment

I've made "artisan bread" in the past that's always been a big hit when I'm having dinner with friends (secret to the crusty top is to put a tray of water in the oven along with the bread).

After reading this post yesterday I realized I haven't made bread in ages, and so decided to try out this honey bread recipe I've been meaning to get around to for ages (made with white flour instead of whole wheat as I didn't have any in the house...) and oh it is so dangerously yum! Makes perfect toast with butter as well. A bread slicing guide really makes all the difference too, as then it's easy to turn homemade bread into sandwiches that don't have ridiculous sized slices.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeT View Post
        I tried that recipe today with a mixture of wheat, dinkel and rye flour and sourdough instead of yeast - *very* sticky dough but it came out fine :=)

Comment

Yep. I do make bread for the family and the office (though for the office it's a special treat I provide with real butter and good jam (and if they stop giving me so many things to work, they may get the homemade jam)). I use King Arthur Flour bread machine whole wheat that has good flavor and texture.

i use a Zojirushi bread maker - can't remember the model, but it's lasted the longest our 4 bread machines. Yes, I use them enough they wear out, no I never buy them new - second hand stores usually have plenty that were barely used.

I've made home made French bread in the oven, but I haven't done that in years. Might need to dust off my skills and see if I still can.

Comment

I bake 2 loaves a week - one for me and one for my friends, as they tried a loaf and requested one every week (I worked out the costs & get 55p a loaf from them ) I have homemade soup for my office lunches so it's nice to also be able to have homemade bread with it too.

Comment

Working...
            X