Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Darebee, any pointers?

found darebee late last year and decided it would be a good fit for my idiotic travel dominated life ... any pointers? I am starting at ground zero, intent on dropping 25 - 30 lbs and get back to competitive mountain biking (in my age group 55 - 60).

Hi! Welcome to the Hive!

Start small. It's easy to start out with big goals and then get overwhelmed. Depending on your current fitness level, people are often encouraged to start with the Foundation or Foundation Light programs, because they won't push you too hard. It's better to do a small, easy workout every day than to do a couple of hard ones and then quit.

Start a Check In thread. People will totally stop by to say hi and offer encouragement. Post there even if you don't workout. It's part of building the habit.

Make friends. Again, it's about creating a social environment to encourage you.

Have fun! Do workouts because they have a fun-sounding name. Be Hercules or a Ninja! The fun factor can be very important.

Comment

Fully agree.
      Creating the habit is very important.
      For that, the foundation and foundation-light programs will help (because they are easy and quick).
      Then the fun and seeing results will make you addict.

Also as said, the log is an amazing tool.

Happy training.

Comment

Another vote for the Foundation Light program. I've never been good in building up habits, especially with working out. With that program I successfully trained every day for 30 days and going on after that was a breeze.

Comment

Thanks so much for the pointers. Working Foundation now I’m addition to my other training for running & riding. What is the best way to track progress? What/How do you use folders? Are folders where you track progress? Have a great day!

Comment

Folders? We have folders? I am confused. To track my progress I use my own Log in the Checking In section. I just write all the exercises I did in there, along with the stuff that is going through my head. I also write down if I had problems with some exercise or something. For example I always complain about squats, because they make my knees hurt. But everybody uses his log the way he wants. I would highly recommend starting one. It helped me work out almost regularly

Comment

On the bottom of the webpage (not in the hive) is the point "+Progress Tracking & Favourites". If you click there, you can create a new ID (it's a different one from your Darebee account). After that, you can create folders, or just keep the standard one called "Favourites". You can save every program, challenge or workout there, to access later and from every device with your ID. On every program or challenge you can track your progress by ticking off the days you did and saving them afterwards. That's all on desktop, though, I don't know much about how the page looks on mobile, but I'm sure it's easy to figure out.

Comment

Working...
              X