Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much weight did you lose.

I figure I will put this question out there, to give member a chance to brag. I weigh at least 240lb, so It would give me some motivation.

Been at it for nearly two months. From 228 to 216lb. Counting in pounds is weird. Metric system rules!

Comment

Even though I was doing the fat loss journey before I found Darebee it was a large part of the process. I've lost 65lbs total (started off at 230 and now I'm 165) and kept it off for a few years now. Darebee played a larger part in my mobility though as I have a bad disk in my back. Moving through the workouts slowly improved my range of motion over time and before I knew it my back pain was far less. I still use Darebee for this purpose (among other things) since the flow of the workouts is generally really nice.

Comment

When I started with Darebee in 2016 I was around 152#....but that wasn't my heaviest.... so to back track...My heaviest was around 203# in 2007 after I had my youngest son. But one year with Darebee took me from 152# down to 146# without changing anything else but slowly moving with my disabilities. My second year in Darebee took me to 133# and now starting my 3rd year of buzzing around the Hive and I'm fluctuating between 100# to 105# while eating low carb in general. So, thanks to Darebee, about 50 lbs in 3 years! But 100# in the last 10 years! I've seen my clothes go from US women's size 16/18 to 0 and XL to XS!! It's a good change that I strive to maintain to optimize my health in the face of my medical issues.

Comment

The increase started when I started working more and working out less Some of it is likely muscle mass as well.Click image for larger versionName:	weight.jpgViews:	1Size:	145.8 KBID:	535024

Comment

I was at 308# when I started on Thanksgiving, I'm at 282.2 today. I feel good about that. Excersize and a diet change, I started tracking my excersize and everything I eat. It is enlightening.

I like my watch tracking my heart rate during excercise and My Fitness Pal for food and excercise.

Good luck.

Comment

I started on 73 - 74 kg and this morning the scale showed 61.3 kg (I'm still in the process).

Darebee helped me see myself as potentially slim and fit, even though I'm only getting fit after that weight loss is done.

Comment

As of this morning 213lb or 97 kg. Yay

Comment

Originally posted by Legolo View Post
                  Been at it for nearly two months. From 228 to 216lb. Counting in pounds is weird. Metric system rules!
                  Canada went metric but I still use feet and inches plus lbs for weight. I worked in construction and a 6' 2"x4" was never metric, I dug holes in feet.

I can't visualize with metric, if my waist was 85cm I'd be clueless.

Comment

That is true. If you are used to that one system it is really difficult to think in a different way.

Comment

I love this video, how not to give up and what you can achieve . . .

Comment

Thank you for sharing that. It was a great motivator.

Comment

I've actually gained... but that was the goal!!

Comment

thinman I've seen that video. It is pretty inspiring to watch.

I was 240lbs last time I was checked at the doc's office which was a few months ago. I had lost 4 lbs in the months previous apparently. I thought I was 280 a few years ago I think when I first moved to Alaska and somewhere along the line I might have lost 40 pounds, but I'll have to check with the doc.

Comment

Brontus I saw the vid a long time ago but came across it again when a friend was asking about the style of Yoga, which I think includes "dynamic tension".

This time last year doing a Vegan challenge I weighed 138lb, I started to use the apartment building exercise room and bulk up a big for strength. No longer Vegan got up to 150lbs but at my age (66) not as lean as my 2005 150lbs. So actually now want to get rid of a little belly fat which means down to about 138 again. I've alway's been scrawny so that's my natural body weight, I've trained hard but never get any kind of muscle mass.

As I get older being fighting fit is the my focus and work with Calisthenics, Tai Chi (+weapons) and modern Yoga

Comment

Working...
                              X