X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on Double Unders?

Hey everyone hope the training is going well

Is anyone on here stuck on doing Double Unders (2 Skips in a rope jump) and feeling like Mr Grey is seeing you now?

Well it's all down to RESPECT (Rhythm, Endurance, Speed, Practice, Efficiency, Control and Timing). I used to be like this too, and with this this advice it should hopefully help you too.

Firstly you need to get your basic skip up to a good level (50-100 unbroken).

Secondly you need to get your jumps high and consistent (try doing 20 high hops morning and night to strengthen the calves)

Thirdly keep your arms in as much as possible it is very easy to start widening you arms out as this will shrink your rope length and will start catching your feet.

Once you have been practicing these, its then down to these basic rules:

To start off your double under training all you need to do is do a nice easy 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 rhythm, do 3 basic skips, then do a high hop and try and get 2 skips in one, then back to 1 skip.

Keep doing this every day till you get a good hang of this (lets say 30 sets unbroken)

Then you bring it down to 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 2.

Again once you have the hang of this, go down to 1 - 2 - 1 - 2.

And once you get the hang of the rhythm and speed of these drills, you should be able to start doing Double Unders. Mostly it will be trial and error, but it all comes down to speed and rhythm.

I'll upload a video soon to help you understand what I mean if you are slightly confused.

Good luck

Will try it!!
    Not now, hurt ankle does not allow.
    But as soon as I go back to skipping

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I ALMOST FORGOT THE CRUCIAL PART OF THE SKIPPING!

The Length of the Skipping Rope

I have one of those adjustable skipping ropes which I would definitely recommend if you are attempting double unders. To tell the length you need is very simple. Stand on the centre of your rope with your feet together, bring the rope up to the line of your nipples, this is the length I use for skipping. This type of thing usually comes down to how you feel with it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X