Clear All

• mahes30
    replied
    mahes30
    My coffee is so sweet.

Leave a comment:

• lovethedoggo
    replied
    I started drinking coffe like week ago,the plain black coffe works great for me,no sugar or any sweeteners.

Leave a comment:

• RockNTennessee
    replied
    Black and strong but not bitter. Prefer a medium roast to dark or French roast.

Leave a comment:

• ArtBoyo
    replied
    An update due to dietary changes:

Usually some vanilla soy milk with it. I usually can't make it work with unsweetened soy milk and need to add some maple syrup which tastes fine, except that a full cup of the soy milk I get is around 7g of sugar (and I almost definitely don't use a full cup unless I'm drinking four or five cups in a day), but maple syrup has around 51g of natural sugar in a serving size that's not only much smaller, but I'm much more likely to hit more than one serving of in a day if I just have my regular two-ish cups. I can't quite make the full no sugar leap it seems, but between a super sweet option and a slightly sweet option, I'm going to pick the latter every time.

Leave a comment:

• Brunsonja
    replied
    And this is my current favorite grind from Napa: https://www.ohmcoffee.com/products/tweed-blend

A lovely, light roast with notes of "cherry, vanilla and pipe tobacco"

Leave a comment:

• Brunsonja
    replied
    I started with "3 in 1" coffee when I was living in Asia. It was really 50% sugar mixed with like 30% dry creamer and maybe 20% instant coffee, if I'm being generous

Then I upgraded to real coffee, but I still added like four packets of sugar and a healthy dose of creamer cause I had started so sweet I couldn't handle it black.

Then I admitted to myself the sugar / creamer were unhealthy for me, so I started reducing:

- First, no creamer just sugar (I was using super sweet / flavored creamers at the time)
    - Second, little less sugar (down to two packets)
    - Third, little less sugar again (down to one packet)

At this point I hit a wall, because I just couldn't do black coffee. I tried lighter roasts and everything. Then I read up on my nutrition info, which says fats trump sugar, so I went back and restarted. I cut out the sugar and instead put in unsweetened / low-sugar creamer instead.

Now I do either whole milk and coffee -- no sugar at all -- or I use a non-dairy, unsweetened milk substitute, like almond milk or oat milk which has 0 g sugar in it. It works just fine for me

Leave a comment:

• SimonB
    replied
    Maybe some of you interested in this.

Leave a comment:

• Scottie0071988
    replied
    Strong and black, brewed in a cafetiere that has been scalded.

Leave a comment:

• BB-KING-GEORGE
    replied
    hi all about my coffee, well i dont drink coffe i prefer a chocolate or a juice

Leave a comment:

• ArtBoyo
    replied
    Light roast, usually with a little bit of creamer or sometimes almond milk, but nothing else. We just have a simple drip coffee machine at home - don't really need anything fancy. I have a particular love for trying flavored coffees from a couple of stores that allow customers to grind them in the store into a little bag. Very occasionally I'll get coffee from one or two of my favorite shops, but this is often rare and something of a special treat.

Leave a comment:

• NaomiBlue
    replied
    I like my coffee medium roast with a dash of half and half. Anything stronger just kills my stomach and gives me severe reflux. We have a couple drip coffee makers at home that I can program to brew by the time I get to the kitchen most mornings. One of my coworkers also has a drip coffeemaker that he generously shares and we also have a Keurig. I used to drink coffee from the Keurig, but a newer one we got gives the coffee a plastic-y taste, so I opt for the drip brew. I rarely, if ever, buy it at a coffeeshop, particularly Starbucks. Definitely not a fan. I've made my own cold brew with half and half and ice and store it in a stainless steel carafe to transport to the office.

Leave a comment:

• CelticCelli
    replied
    Scaredandscarred Depending on the brand, it's not that bad. I typically use Premier Protein. It's not really for the protein and nutrients so much as that it's significantly less sugar. It's a bit like using a flavored coffee creamer except a little healthier with fewer chemicals. Unlike using actual milk and/or sugar, it doesn't cause me to crash as hard later in the day and tends to keep my blood sugar a little more level, but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    CelticCelli That's interesting, putting a dash of a protein shake into coffee. How has that worked out for you? Curious more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• CelticCelli
    replied
    Originally posted by obiwan-shinobi View Post
    With maple syrup.
    My absolute favorite way is with a dash of maple syrup, but sometimes, to save myself the extra sugar calories I'll put in a dash of vanilla or chocolate protein shake instead (yes, I know it sounds weird). The beans are preferably just ground, course, and done as a pour over, but I have a French press for company.

I also enjoy coffee at the local shops on occasion (and avoid Dunkin' like the plague!). Generally a latte or something similar with nut milk, or just plain espresso or a macchiato (no, not the sugary Starbuck's kind - ick) if it's good quality coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Standard brew is in a cafetierre (French press now I believe) with an Italian espresso (Lavazzo). Sometimes espresso from a moka pot. Always black and always no sugar.

In the past I have really drunk too much coffee to the extent that it contributed to anxiety problems. Now, I never have more than three cups a day, and I never have coffee after lunch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X