How do you like your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong and black, brewed in a cafetiere that has been scalded.

Comment

Maybe some of you interested in this.

Comment

I started with "3 in 1" coffee when I was living in Asia. It was really 50% sugar mixed with like 30% dry creamer and maybe 20% instant coffee, if I'm being generous

Then I upgraded to real coffee, but I still added like four packets of sugar and a healthy dose of creamer cause I had started so sweet I couldn't handle it black.

Then I admitted to myself the sugar / creamer were unhealthy for me, so I started reducing:

- First, no creamer just sugar (I was using super sweet / flavored creamers at the time)
        - Second, little less sugar (down to two packets)
        - Third, little less sugar again (down to one packet)

At this point I hit a wall, because I just couldn't do black coffee. I tried lighter roasts and everything. Then I read up on my nutrition info, which says fats trump sugar, so I went back and restarted. I cut out the sugar and instead put in unsweetened / low-sugar creamer instead.

Now I do either whole milk and coffee -- no sugar at all -- or I use a non-dairy, unsweetened milk substitute, like almond milk or oat milk which has 0 g sugar in it. It works just fine for me

Comment

And this is my current favorite grind from Napa: https://www.ohmcoffee.com/products/tweed-blend

A lovely, light roast with notes of "cherry, vanilla and pipe tobacco"

Comment

An update due to dietary changes:

Usually some vanilla soy milk with it. I usually can't make it work with unsweetened soy milk and need to add some maple syrup which tastes fine, except that a full cup of the soy milk I get is around 7g of sugar (and I almost definitely don't use a full cup unless I'm drinking four or five cups in a day), but maple syrup has around 51g of natural sugar in a serving size that's not only much smaller, but I'm much more likely to hit more than one serving of in a day if I just have my regular two-ish cups. I can't quite make the full no sugar leap it seems, but between a super sweet option and a slightly sweet option, I'm going to pick the latter every time.

Comment

Black and strong but not bitter. Prefer a medium roast to dark or French roast.

Comment

I started drinking coffe like week ago,the plain black coffe works great for me,no sugar or any sweeteners.

Comment

mahes30
                  My coffee is so sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X