Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like your coffee?

Just curious how every here likes their coffee?

I'm not a true coffee snob because I believe even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all. But I have some preferences:

* freshly-ground beans
    * almost always black; exceptions might include heavy cream, whole milk, or some variations of "Bulletproof" coffee (butter, cream, honey, MCT oil, protein powder, etc.)
    * brewed using either a pour-over or press method

How about you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy-downsized.gif
Views:	294
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	530580

I buy whole beans and grind to batch. Black (never with milk) with a bit of stevia if needed.

I make it in a French press but do not press it. I also remove the foam after pouring the hot water in. Both these methods help remove additional bitterness.

Sometimes (depending on the coffee) I'll add various spices to help accent notes that are picked out in the coffee.

I rarely turn down coffee if it is offered (especially if it doesn't have anything added to it) and have even been able to drink/enjoy instant coffee if needed.

Comment

I make it in a French press but do not press it. I also remove the foam after pouring the hot water in.
      So you scoop off the grinds and the foam? What do you use for this? Just a spoon or something else?

I have never bought instant coffee in my life, but I have accepted a cup when offered, as well. I don't care for it, but as I said, even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.

Comment

At home - ground, black.

At work - black, whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Baston View Post
          At home - ground, black.

At work - black, whatever it is.
          Simple. Sometimes that's best, especially when most creamers that are kept "at work" are those powdered abominations that shouldn't be called "cream."

Comment

Well, the bigger issue for me is the coffee itself is usually instant and terrible, but it's all I have. And it's essential!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfen View Post

So you scoop off the grinds and the foam? What do you use for this? Just a spoon or something else?

I have never bought instant coffee in my life, but I have accepted a cup when offered, as well. I don't care for it, but as I said, even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.
              I just use a spoon. You end up scooping out some of the grounds but not much as you are just skimming the top. Plus the grounds at the top are the over sized ones anyways and getting rid of them doesn't really impact the coffee as the surface area exposed it poor.

Comment

I've thought about trying Cowboy coffee:

Comment

Dark roast & black. Except Sundays, when I add a splash of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Comment

I love black coffee without sugar. My perfect morning is a cup of hot coffee and silence

Comment

Originally posted by Lilu21 View Post
                      My perfect morning is a cup of hot coffee and silence
                      I've tried that, but after, like, 2 minutes I'll be trying to find something to watch.

I've only become a coffee drinker since the middle of summer 2017. I've tried a few different coffee brands, but have settled on McCafe medium roast pre-ground coffee for at home. I don't use any cream or sugar except what's in whatever chocolate mix I put in it. If I order coffee from some restaurant, I'll only get a mocha.

Comment

Originally posted by Brontus View Post

I've tried that, but after, like, 2 minutes I'll be trying to find something to watch.

I've only become a coffee drinker since the middle of summer 2017. I've tried a few different coffee brands, but have settled on McCafe medium roast pre-ground coffee for at home. I don't use any cream or sugar except what's in whatever chocolate mix I put in it. If I order coffee from some restaurant, I'll only get a mocha.
                        Tried a lot of different brands of coffee from expensive to cheap. Choice stopped on natural hammer coffee Jockey Oriental (Russian production). The most delicious coffee! I always drink at home, because I love only cooked by me

Comment

Oh, coffee. Yum! As a student I need coffee for it's, uhmmm... life-sustaining qualities But I'm also a bit of a coffee nerd and used to work part-time in a cafe.

I grind the beans just before making coffee. Most often I brew in a french press, and drink it black. That's also what I put in my thermal cup when I want to take coffee with me.
                          Sometimes when I feel fancy, I use a stovetop moka pot, and either drink it like an espresso (sometimes with a little sugar), or froth some milk with that funny little milk frother from IKEA and make a cappuccino.

I don't visit coffee shops too often because of money, but when I do, most times I'll ask for a flat white. It's the strongest of the espresso-and-steamed-milk drinks, and when the coffee they serve is good... Oh, it's just delicious.

Comment

I like my coffee crisp

Comment

I prefer my coffee pretty much the same as you guys do: black, sometimes in a french press, sometimes in an italian Moka pot, big cup (Austrian: “Häferl“) in the morning. During the day: Espresso.☕😊

Comment

Working...
                              X