What video games are you playing right now?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice I started with Tennant as Doctor and thought he was too whiny. I was about to give up on the series and then came Matt Smith. It was truly amazing. All that energy and happyness! "It´s a bowtie. I wear a bowtie now. Bowties are cool." I fell in love with him as the Doctor. 12 was okay-ish. He was some fun. Having sunglasses and that electric guitar. And riding on a tank into a saxon fortress. But honestly. His signature line is "Shut up!". He is basicly a grumpy old man that has his moments as a mad scientist. No competition to Matt and his fez...

Great. Now you made me want to watch all the 11th Doctor stuff again. But since my former flatmate didn´t pay his Netflix account for some time no Doctor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
      have my eyes on Dark Souls III, althought I didnt play the second one I heard that it (the 2nd) is not as good as the other two.
      Dark Souls II is still a very good game, different than DS1 but still very good.

The very first Dr Who episode was on my 11th birthday Nov 23rd 1963, for me that 1st doctor was the best. A docudrama was made about the series beginning,
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Adv...Space_and_Time

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doctor_Who_-_An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time_Poster.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	535822

Comment

Originally posted by thinman View Post
        Dark Souls II is still a very good game, different than DS1 but still very good.
        I will keep an eye out in the summer discounts

That docudrama could be interesting, althought I might as well buy the Classic Who somewhere.

Comment

The game i'm currently playing does probably not fit here: Wolfenstein II, The New Colossus

Comment

Rimworld
            Gems of War
            and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

There are several co-op games I grab when my son or husband want to play but those are the main single player games right now.

Comment

Oh wow, I played Final Fantasy XII for hundreds of hours way back on the Playstation 2! My husband (then boyfriend) and I played through night after night and it was amazing. It's my favourite Final Fantasy ever and I'd really like to play the PC Version, but whenever a game has Denuvo I'd rather hit myself with a stick than buy it (with the sad exception of Prey, it caught me in a weak moment). But I'd really love to play it...

Comment

I just finished GRIS on the Nintendo Switch, and loved every minute of it. It's an amazing work of art in just about every way—stunning visuals and animation, smart level design, a beautiful soundtrack that elegantly complements what's happening on the screen, and a very delicate, moving story about grief and resilience that really resonated with my own experience of dealing with trauma. Highly recommended, whether you're looking for a low-stress platformer to chill out to, an esthetically pleasing piece of fiction or something to just take your mind off things. The art direction alone makes it worth the price, imo.

In a completely different register, I have been working my way through Assassin's Creed: Odyssey on PS4 ever since its release and enjoying the hell out of it--it's easily my favourite entry in the franchise. Currently somewhere around level 62, over 120h played, Adrestia fully upgraded, and only recently completed chapter 5, as I am suffering from acute completitis and doing pretty much all the side quests and romancing all the potential love interests as Kassandra (and also spending way too much time fiddling with photo mode)

Also diving back into Overwatch every now and then for new events, loot and stuff, and trying to clear out bits of my ridiculous backlog. *sigh* So many games, so little time…

Comment

Originally posted by ArishaNomad View Post
                  Rimworld
                  Gems of War
                  and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

There are several co-op games I grab when my son or husband want to play but those are the main single player games right now.
                  Oh hey, I played Gems of War a lot, too! But then I got my goblin team and the game felt finished to me. Like I had nowhere else to progress. So I stopped, even though my kingdoms aren't even fully upgraded yet.
                  Do you play on PC or on a mobile device?

Comment

Originally posted by Noen View Post

Oh hey, I played Gems of War a lot, too! But then I got my goblin team and the game felt finished to me. Like I had nowhere else to progress. So I stopped, even though my kingdoms aren't even fully upgraded yet.
                    Do you play on PC or on a mobile device?
                    PS4. They added Delves and stuff so that's fun.

Comment

I am currently playing rome total war as the juli to take out the Gauls

Comment

I recently signed up for Game Pass on Xbox because I had some codes for it, so I've now got a massive backlog on there to play through. I'm just shy of finishing Kingdom: Two Crowns - it's good, but not quite as good as the prior game Kingdom: New Lands. Graveyard Keeper is probably next up (apparently it's Stardew-Valley-esque so that's pretty exciting).

Also partway though:
                        - Okami, HD - bit too easy/story heavy but I pick it back up from time to time when I want something relaxing
                        - Monster Hunter World - just got the bit where you get higher grade gear, temporarily put down because I couldn't face just doing a load of side quests
                        - Path of Exile - also started recently because obviously I didn't have enough games on the go! Just into Act 3 but not finding it very challenging/engaging at the moment

I also play Gems of War when I just want match-3 puzzler, though I usually just come on for the guild events these days

Oh, and for online multi:
                        - Battlefield 5
                        - Sea of Thieves
                        - CoD Black Ops 4

(... I have too many games on the go o.O)

Comment

The one and only that I play with my kids.

Super Mario Kart!

Hate that blue shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen of the North View Post
                            Hate that blue shell.
                            everyone does! Look at this ....pain in the a*

Comment

Started playing Sea of Thieves recently and what a beautiful game! Wanted to try it for a while, but just now finally got some gaming friends to buy it. Playing with internet strangers usually isn't that much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rissa View Post
                                Started playing Sea of Thieves recently and what a beautiful game! Wanted to try it for a while, but just now finally got some gaming friends to buy it. Playing with internet strangers usually isn't that much fun.
                                I saw a Let's Play of it on Gronkh's channel.
                                The atmosphere and the oceanscape are really nice. The gameplay just isn't my cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X