What video games are you playing right now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by SimonB View Post
    At this point i think Cyberpunk will get a lot of bad reviews. To much hype from the fans and a too early announcement. Even CD can't compare with that. Witcher 3 is one of the best games and CD is awesome but still, Cyberpunkt won't cover the huge expectations.
    I think a lot of people have conflicted feelings about Cyberpunk right now because on the one hand there's all the hype, but on the other hand it was recently revealed how horribly CDPR treat their employees.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Noen View Post

      but on the other hand it was recently revealed how horribly CDPR treat their employees.
      Oh ok, didn't know. Need to look that up.

      Comment


        Originally posted by SimonB View Post
        Oh ok, didn't know. Need to look that up.
        I recommend Jim Sterling's coverage. He is mean, but he also doesn't sugarcoat (and he doesn't judge people who buy the games anyway).

        Comment


          The last time I was still interested in Cyberpunk (already many months in the past) I had the feeling people were frustrated and annoyed with CDProjekt's backpedalling on a few things, needless politics, that the world doesn't look like people imagine a cyberpunk setting (the sun! How can there be a sun in a cyberpunk setting!) and all that jazz. Or maybe my perception of the game is a bit biased, I was very active on /v/ back then.
          On the other hand, I never really warmed up to the Witcher franchise and don't think much of CDProjekt. But maybe for such a project as Cyberpunk it would have been better if they'd followed Bethesda's route (announcing a game, or showing footage from the nearly done game only a few months prior to release. I hope they'll do the same again with Starfield)

          Comment


            Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
            The last time I was still interested in Cyberpunk (already many months in the past) I had the feeling people were frustrated and annoyed with CDProjekt's backpedalling on a few things, needless politics, that the world doesn't look like people imagine a cyberpunk setting (the sun! How can there be a sun in a cyberpunk setting!) and all that jazz. Or maybe my perception of the game is a bit biased, I was very active on /v/ back then.
            On the other hand, I never really warmed up to the Witcher franchise and don't think much of CDProjekt. But maybe for such a project as Cyberpunk it would have been better if they'd followed Bethesda's route (announcing a game, or showing footage from the nearly done game only a few months prior to release. I hope they'll do the same again with Starfield)
            I always kinda assumed we never see the sun in Cyberpunk settings because everyone has such long working hours they only get out in the dark.

            But I'm pretty sure the original tabletop has stuff in the rulebook about the sun, maybe they simply followed that guideline.

            Comment


              Noen I think the setting for Cyberpunk 2020 (the pen and paper rpg) is much more colourful than, for example, Shadowrun (which is probably the more popular setting/ruleset). Then you have the Deus Ex series, which was also very dark. Cyberpunk is a very grim and desolate genre, so the sun somehow seems too bright, I guess

              Comment


                Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
                Noen I think the setting for Cyberpunk 2020 (the pen and paper rpg) is much more colourful than, for example, Shadowrun (which is probably the more popular setting/ruleset). Then you have the Deus Ex series, which was also very dark. Cyberpunk is a very grim and desolate genre, so the sun somehow seems too bright, I guess
                The Cyberpunk genre is also very much from a point in time where "the smog from all the cars and industry might black out the sun" was a real concern. Just like "sour rain will destroy all forests and sandstone buildings" and "FCKW will destroy the ozone layer" were a thing in the 90s.

                Thankfully we've since taken drastic measures to ensure neither came to pass.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Noen View Post

                  The Cyberpunk genre is also very much from a point in time where "the smog from all the cars and industry might black out the sun" was a real concern. Just like "sour rain will destroy all forests and sandstone buildings" and "FCKW will destroy the ozone layer" were a thing in the 90s.

                  Thankfully we've since taken drastic measures to ensure neither came to pass.
                  While that is true (and commendable) we sadly slide right into the societal trappings of a cyberpunk setting (nah, who am I kidding, we're practically living in a more-or-less softer cyberpunk world already. We just don't have the cool gimmicks).

                  Unrelated to the discussion but related to the thread: I'm playing Cultist Simulator right now and have no idea what is going on, but like it very much.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
                    Unrelated to the discussion but related to the thread: I'm playing Cultist Simulator right now and have no idea what is going on, but like it very much.
                    I was embarrassed to mention it, but I'm wasting a lot of time playing Cell to Singularity. My little sister doesn't get what I see in it and I can't disagree.

                    Comment


                      I like RPG games but they tend to focus a lot on killing, remembered why I like the Tomb Raider series over the years was more about adventure. So re-started Tomb Raider 2013

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-2013-h7.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	729331

                      Comment


                        After TR I thought I would play Rise of the Tomb Raider but odd that my 360 doesn't read the game anymore and I get "open tray' as if no disc in in the machine, the disc is in perfect nick.

                        I was looking at my Xbox 360 download history and it has the Dragon's Dogma demo (which I deleted ages ago) and could download again so did and after starting the original first Dragon's Dogma disc I got 10,000 RC. Later will switch to Dark Arisen after completing original. I've always play my Arisen as a female assassin with a female mage Pawn, this time stick with the male Savan like fighter and Pawn will be a Strider. I'll use no magic or spell books or other Pawns that use such.

                        I haven't watched the Netflix Dragon's Dogma anime TV series, the anime deviates from the game by naming and theming each of the seven episodes after a specific deadly sin. Have named my Arisen Ethan and Pawn Hannah after the main characters of the series.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	NetflixDragon_featured-850x566.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	733691


                        Comment


                          Just finished a 12 hour or so playthrough of Mass Effect 1. I was very excited that I was able to get my character to have a similar temperament to my character in ME2. I had played 2 before 1 so did not have an imported character. Making sure my character made choices and had experiences that would line up with stuff in 2 was a bit painful, yet rewarding.

                          Comment


                            Is nobody else doing Genshin Impact right now?

                            I'm almost level 30 and I am killing it. (Just kidding, I suck, just like in all other games.)

                            Comment


                              Got out Fable II and III, hadn't played for years and both are quite groovy.

                              Comment


                                Justing getting first payer shooter. Call of Duty Mobile with PS4 controller is a great way to get into it. Playing on the mobile, allows me toplay from anywhere and it is a great stress buster.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X