What video games are you playing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the short review, TheLibrarian
    I'll probably wait ten years or so and buy a bundle with all the DLCs then

Comment

Originally posted by Nihopaloa View Post
      Thanks for the short review, TheLibrarian
      I'll probably wait ten years or so and buy a bundle with all the DLCs then

sounds like a plan, in the meantime you have ck2

Comment

Originally posted by TheLibrarian View Post

sounds like a plan, in the meantime you have ck2
        I haven't even scratched on the surface of all the DLCs of ck2

Comment

Last week I started playing Witcher 3 for the first time. It's my first witcher game and I haven't watched the show or read the books so the world building is a bit intimidating since the game assumes you come in prior knowledge that I don't have. It's really fun and I can see how it paved the way for more modern rpg action games like AC Odyssey and Horizon Zero Dawn, both of which are favorites of mine. I will say I would like it more if I could crouch.

Comment

As a resident FROMSOFT junkie just finished off Sekiro. So good, but man alive is it hard.

Other then the later stages of Hollow Knight, I think it's the hardest game I've played. Some bosses took 20-30 times to beat (looking at you Owl Father), but I never got frustrated- you could feel and see yourself getting better with every go at a boss and it was super rewarding once you finally got through.

For me right now my FROM rankings are: BLOODBORNE< SEKIRO< DS 3< DS 2< DS Remastered.

Just grabbed AC Origins and Odyssey as they were one sale. Should keep me busy for a long while- when I have time to play, which is less and less lately, lol

Comment

Had to jump in the Among Us trend and it's a ton of fun to be had with your soon-not-to-be friends

Comment

Originally posted by Christina Duke View Post
                Last week I started playing Witcher 3 for the first time. It's my first witcher game and I haven't watched the show or read the books so the world building is a bit intimidating since the game assumes you come in prior knowledge that I don't have. It's really fun and I can see how it paved the way for more modern rpg action games like AC Odyssey and Horizon Zero Dawn, both of which are favorites of mine. I will say I would like it more if I could crouch.
                I would actually recommend playing Witcher 1 and 2. Contrary to many people I loved Witcher 1 and it starts with Geralt having amnesia (in the books and the show he doesn't) so you can get into it as a player. Witcher 2 isn't that necessary story-wise, but it's just such a nice game.

Comment

Originally posted by Noen View Post

I would actually recommend playing Witcher 1 and 2. Contrary to many people I loved Witcher 1 and it starts with Geralt having amnesia (in the books and the show he doesn't) so you can get into it as a player. Witcher 2 isn't that necessary story-wise, but it's just such a nice game.
                  I only have a macbook and it looks like Witcher 1 isn't compatible with it. Maybe I can just watch a play through and then play Witcher 2, although that's not as fun as playing it myself. I might finish playing 3 and then go back and see how it all builds up? Idk, I will definitely try to find a way to play the first two on your rec tho.

Comment

I play VR games. Some of my favorites are Ironlights (dueling in an arena setting with a variety of weapons), Vader Immortal (the story is fun but the lightsaber dojo gives you tons of replay value as you take down training droids), Mission ISS (you are aboard the International Space Station and in zero G - you can even go on a spacewalk outside the station!). I have an Oculus Quest which is wireless and you don't have to worry about cables getting in the way of 360 degree combat. There are some new games coming out that are tempting.

Comment

I loaded up Fallout 4 with a ton of mods and have sunk a good 50 hours into it. I gave up on playing it fair and square and rescuing settlements and blah blah blah. It's so much more fun for me to cheese it now with modern weapons and armour from the Halo games and so on.

Speaking of the Halo games, the Master Chief collection is a steal! I've gotten the chance to play through the parts 2 and 3, which I never got the chance to when I was younger.

I'm also playing through a bit of Dark Souls 3, but I'm lousy, so I haven't made much progress. Eh.

Comment

Currently i play these two:
                        - Red Dead Redemption 2
                        - Middelearth Shadow of war

Iam very, very excited for the early access of Baldurs Gate 3. I know: "don't preorder or buy early acess" but Larian Studios earned my trust with DOS & DOS2.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
                          Currently i play these two:
                          - Red Dead Redemption 2
                          - Middelearth Shadow of war

Iam very, very excited for the early access of Baldurs Gate 3. I know: "don't preorder or buy early acess" but Larian Studios earned my trust with DOS & DOS2.
                          I get you on the trust. There are some publishers who have earned mine as well. For example I'd buy Witcher 4 sight unseen any time.

With Spiderweb Software you never need trust because they have an extensive demo for every single one of their games anyway. And I mean extensive. By the time you're done with the demo you already know whether you like the game. In fact if you don't like the game, then you won't be able to finish the demo, that's how long they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Noen View Post

I get you on the trust. There are some publishers who have earned mine as well. For example I'd buy Witcher 4 sight unseen any time.

With Spiderweb Software you never need trust because they have an extensive demo for every single one of their games anyway. And I mean extensive. By the time you're done with the demo you already know whether you like the game. In fact if you don't like the game, then you won't be able to finish the demo, that's how long they are.
                            I hear the trust from both of you. I trust CDPR to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in tip top shape.

Spiderweb Software is awesome! Been playing their stuff since 1995! Love their games, and the idea of a big huge demo!

Comment

Christina Duke maybe look into Wine or, even better, PlayOnMac. It's an emulator (well, not really, but who cares) that enables you to use Windows software (or play Windows games) on MacOS. The Witcher is in the list of supported games, so you should get it to run without (much) problems.

Comment

Originally posted by patwillwoo View Post

I hear the trust from both of you. I trust CDPR to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in tip top shape.
                                At this point i think Cyberpunk will get a lot of bad reviews. To much hype from the fans and a too early announcement. Even CD can't compare with that. Witcher 3 is one of the best games and CD is awesome but still, Cyberpunkt won't cover the huge expectations.

Comment

Working...
                                X