Why did you start training with DAREBEE programms ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convenient.
    I like Bodyweight Training.
    I like the Martial Arts Aspect.
    The YouTube instructional video's are excellent.
    I like to do something every day and don't like "rest days".
    I like doing it at home on my own time and don't enjoy public gyms.
    I like the fact I can be continually challenged by different levels.

Comment

I randomly found the "Wake up & Make it happen" workout somewhere on the internet and remembered it, so I googled the title and found Darebee.
      Sticked to it because:
      1) It's free, so even if you sometimes don't work out (even if it's for months) you don't feel bad
      2) I love the (geek/nerd) themed workouts + the gamification of programs
      3) It's easy to do (most of) them at home with no or very little equipment
      4) There are SO MANY workouts to pick from, including programs, challenges, daily dare
      5) You can always find a workout (/program/challenge) that matches your level of fitness and most are quite flexible (level system combined with set system and EC)
      6) If you give up, you can just try again with something else

Comment

Brings me memories of great times in my life.

Comment

I was doing martial arts but i wasn't getting stronger, and couldn't afford the gym. So i looked up prison workouts. came across Punisher workout video by buffdudes. loved it. looked up super hero workouts, found Darebee, never left after that.

Comment

After I wrecked my knee and was trying to get my leg strength back, I joined up with a small bodyweight fitness group. That got me into running and bodyweight work. I was doing daily work on my own and thinking about joining a gym when I heard about Darebee on the 300 Pounds and Running podcast. It sounded interesting, so I looked it up and it immediately appealed to me. The ability to do fun workouts in the small amount of time I have first thing in the morning in the comfort of my own home...yes please. The badges are really great, too, I want ALL OF THEM.

Comment

Found Darebee, due to a google search for an abs workout YEARS ago. Found a Neilay Rey total abs poster.

Why I started training again:
              Last December over the span of christmass, my birthday and new years, I got broken up with out of the blue. A 6 year relationship, with plans of settling down together gone within moments.
              Unfortunately I am not a stranger to serious ''long term'' relationships suddenly ending.
              I know I don't handle it well, due to how I am as a person, I keep a tight and small personal circle
              So when something like this happens, i'm devestated.

Full of frantic and nervous energy, I was scared I might hurt myself.
              I had done so before when I was younger. And still have the scars on the top of my arm with its reflective smooth skin as proof of that.
              It's a weird thing to feel; needing to feel pain to feel alive, and doing something to feel in control.
              Thats where I decided that if I was going to hurt myself and have all this chaotic energy, i'd use it to a more productive end.

Exercises do hurt sometimes, and it helped with calming me down.
              As weeks went by, I calmed down, and nervous + angry energy turned into a dull greyness.
              Honestly biting through the pain and keeping up the routine is quite a lot harder than it was before.
              But I keep trudging on.

The reasons:
              • Hopes for, healthy body, healthy mind.
              • Give rythm and purpose to my days.
              • "Becoming mainstream attractive", for both my own gratification and confidence, as well as to maybe one day attract someone.
              • Becoming more fit so I can enjoy my other physical activities more.
              • I'm really emberassed about my thin underperforming physique, I can do this in private to get a more apropriate level of performance.
              I'll be the first to admit that i'm working out for a lot of ''wrong'' reasons or in a ''wrong'' (compulsary) way, but it helps keep me going through the mentally tough times.
              I'm rooting that all the wrong reasons will give me a boon, when I finally cross from the grey landscape into the colorful one again.

Don't worry though, i'm also getting help with that. I'm too stubborn to just lay down and take this state of being!

Comment

Originally posted by Basura Nephilim View Post
                It's a weird thing to feel; needing to feel pain to feel alive, and doing something to feel in control.
                Thats where I decided that if I was going to hurt myself and have all this chaotic energy, i'd use it to a more productive end.
                This is very powerful. You are brave. Keep doing what you are doing to keep away the demons. We all have some. Our paths are just different.

Comment

Working...
                X