What is your favorite back exercise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite back exercise?

I struggle to do pull ups at the moment (but working on it!)... Just wondering what other people like to do?

I love pullups, but as far as other things that make me happy: one arm dumbbell rows, Farmer's carry, and renegade rows

Comment

The pull-up has always been one of my favorite exercises. I mastered the form and I'm working my way to 20 in a row. I'm at 14 for the month and I do them twice a day, in the early AM and at night. It's all about not doing the Cross-Fit kipping and swinging. I dead-hang and it's hard but my wife tells me how she appreciates my rather nice lats.

The row is another exercise I like, and I pull my elbows together behind my back when I move the weight. It's good for biceps, too.

Comment

JohnnyDangerous renegade rows are awesome!

I am also currently working my way up to proper pull-ups, so at the moment my absolute favorite for the upper back are Australian pull-ups. I do them every day, and my sets are getting better and better.

Australian pull-ups:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9nzhgy2trA

Comment

Originally posted by Sculder View Post
          JohnnyDangerous renegade rows are awesome!
          Right?! For being a back exercise, they do a good job putting your whole body through the ringer, especially shoulders and abs

Comment

I like reverse angels and W-extensions. I would like a bar and dumbbells so I can work on inverted rows and renegade rows, though.

Comment

Now, a day after my first Strong Viking - Beast I will say I enjoyed rope climbing, tyre flipping and heavy carries a LOT! At some point I even took a second sandbag to go the hill up and down, since my buddy was in pain and struggling to finish. All things I never did before.

Comment

Oh, I forgot an accessible bodyweight option: door frame rows

Comment

Power Cable Rows

Comment

Bent over barbell rows are probably my number one favorite. I enjoy the full body engagement with focus on the back. Pull ups are a close second tho!

Comment

Inverted rows on rings (specific to the ring option though). Bent over dumbbell rows beyond that just because they make me feel like a badass plus I can get a nice stretch at the bottom of the motion.

Comment

Working...
                      X