Darebee Pet Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, so sorry for the lost of your furbaby Mamatigerj

mixtape Tonks is ADORABLE! So cool she does all those things with you!

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that Lucky is responding well to the therapy. So far no side effects. She´s eating well and gained a bit of weight, which is good. And no vomitting since 3 or 4 nights.

Comment

Very glad to hear that, Ulli .7

Comment

Ulli & Trbrat75, i appreciate your compassion; thank you.

Ulli, so glad that Lucky is responding well to the therapy!

Comment

This is one of the strays I feed, his name is Muri (pronounced Mooree) and he doesn't like paparazzis while eating:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_2486.JPG Views:	1 Size:	493.6 KB ID:	376550

Comment

Originally posted by Ann-Core View Post
              This is one of the strays I feed, his name is Muri (pronounced Mooree) and he doesn't like paparazzis while eating:
              Oh my, if looks could kill... "No picture, hoooman!" But thanks for taking care of those strays...

Comment

Hehe, yes, I think most cats actually don't like cameras, our indoor cat almost always looks away.

We had a pretty big stray colony in our street (21 cats) but I called the shelter and they neutered them so now we don't have any new kittens at least. We usually have 5-7 regular customers and the rest come and go. Hedgehogs (I've seen 3 different ones) also come in the evening, and they really appreciate a fresh bowl of water, especially in the summer.

Comment

I was about to ask if you have orgs around that do trap-neuter-release for ferals, but you answered my question

Comment

Originally posted by Ann-Core View Post
                    Hedgehogs (I've seen 3 different ones) also come in the evening, and they really appreciate a fresh bowl of water, especially in the summer.
                    I'm very jealous of your hedgehogs, Ann-Core. We would love to see them in our garden - and hopefully they might eat some slugs or snails while they were there - but they are very rare in the UK now. Thank you for supporting them!

Comment

Colin, yes, the hedgehog populations have dwindled in the past years, here as well. A lot of them are killed by road traffic but people also harm them sometimes - without knowing it. One example is leaving milk outside for cats (or even hedghogs, because they think it's good for them) but it causes severe diarrhea, dehydration and, ultimately, death, in hedgehogs. People also use all sorts of pecticides and snail-killing pellets which are deadly. You have greater chances of attracting them if you make them a shelter (with leaves or twigs) or if you leave out hedgehog kibble (certain cat foods work as well, chicken I think).

Comment

Lucky passed away today. It´s her last photo from this morning.

Comment

I'm really sorry for your loss, Ulli. Lucky will wait for you at the other side of the rainbow. I hope it was peaceful and at least she's not in pain anymore. Take care.

Comment

Ulli I'm so sorry for your loss

Comment

Yes it was pretty fast. She lose a lot of weight during the last days and was very tired.
                              Yesterday she deteriorated badly.
                              I spent the last hours with her on the balcony (she really loved being there).
                              Fortunately I had some medication at home against pain and fear. (It has some advantages to be a doctor). My vet is on holiday and I didn´t want to bring her to the vet clinic or drive there to get medication.

I am so grateful that I was able to spend so much time at home during the last months and be with her in the end. And she will get a nice gravesite at my aunt´s house. She spent a lot of time there when I was away for courses and deployments.

Thank you so much for supporting me.

Comment

I think there comes a point when they know (and maybe decide) that their time is close. I know it's not much consolation, but you enabled her to leave in peace, in familiar surroundings and with the person she trusted and loved most. As hard as leaving is, she left the best way she could. And it's nice that she can rest where you can visit. So sorry you have to go through this.

Comment

Working...
                                X