Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motionaction - I *love* THE DESCENT. It's one of my favorite horror movies!

Comment

Baston - it really is a gem. (:

Comment

Originally posted by motionaction View Post
        On the other hand, I just watched The Descent (2005) for the first time and I'm just in awe. This movie was made on such a low budget but it's soooo good (and quite scary too!). 8/10.
        Honestly it's just the mark of a good filmmaker to accept the tools you have and work with them. As soon as you have an okay camera and an okay microphone you can start making good films. Can't afford people who can act? Pick a script and cinematography so they don't have to.

Comment

THE GIRL ON THE THIRD FLOOR (8/10) - I loved this movie. It's a slow burn. It will lose some people by taking so long to get to the climax... and then it will lose others because when it finally does let go of the reins, it REALLY lets go and you're in for some wild stuff. It worked like gangbusters for me. I wish it didn't get so literal and didactic toward the end, and CM Punk is about as good an actor as you'd expect, but it's still a fun ride.

Comment

Bo Burnham: Inside - I love Bo, so I don’t know why it took me so long to watch this after I found out about it. This was fun and what I expected from him. It had his usual goofiness, dramatics and wit. But I didn’t love this as much as his other specials. It wasn’t because of the lack of a live audience. I’m not really sure what it is, but all I can think of is
            the fact that he jokes about suicide. Specifically, him committing suicide. There is a part where he says he’s not actually going to do it and tells people not to. It’s just... he has been joking about that the last few years and that doesn’t feel good to hear. At all. Add those jokes to the breakdown moments and it’s kind of concerning.
            Still, I enjoyed it and it gave me my new favorite song. 8/10

Flourish
            - I watched this for Leighton Meester, and well, this wasn’t a great movie. It was funny, though, and I don’t think it was supposed to be. There were moments where the actors were overdramatic about things (hi, Leighton). It even prompted the main character to say it was a little much. The dramatics, I believe, were completely intentional given the ending. It was kind of confusing but it was fun. 6/10

Comment

mahes30
              Last movie I saw "Sangarsh and Vijay" .This movie is based upon Lord Shiva.Allu Arjun actions as heroic role in this movie and also he is a great devotee of Lord Shiva.

Comment

BLACK WIDOW (5/10) - I know a lot of people were like "It's about time! It's long overdue! Thor, Captain America, AND Iron Man ALL had three movies before Black Widow got one!" ... And those people aren't wrong, but Black Widow's comic history also isn't as rich. She's rarely had her own solo titles, and even in this film is more of a co-star than a star. I thought this was pretty mediocre. The villain is bland, the humor flat, the action scenes are okay but nothing special. A lesser MCU entry.

Comment

Gunpowder Milkshake : 5/10

It's a bit John Wick-like with female cast. Action scenes are okay, fight scenes are pretty cool and the photography is nice but there's no big tension, no big cliff-hanger or whatsoever.

Comment

JUNGLE CRUISE (6/10) - This could have been a much better movie with some pretty simple changes. It's too long, the mythology very confusing, and there is no romantic chemistry between otherwise charismatic leads. Some of the sequences are amusing, reminiscent of Indiana Jones, Romancing the Stone, and other movies where one thing after another keeps going wrong and things keep compounding on each other - it's the other things that bring the movie down.

Comment

SHANG-CHI & THE LEGEND OF THE TEN TINGS (8.5/10) - In short, one of Marvel's best. Good sense of humor, great action scenes, nice colorful cinematography, and really interesting characters. The villain especially is a wonderful paradox.

Comment

SimonB rehe secret life of Walter Mitty -maybe I missed something, but I couldn't get into this movie.

Comment

Baston Don't be to hard on Jungle Cruise (8/10). It's based on a Disney World ride, including the corny jokes of the skipper. That might explain the confusing mythology.
                          Liked Shang-chi as well. 8.5/10 is fair. Refreshing addition to the MCU, nice martial arts mixed with CGI and a good opportunity for Marvel, to cash in in China .

Comment

Andi64 - We're big fans of the Jungle Cruise ride, and we were really looking forward to the movie. I'm sure we'll watch it again at some point, but that first time through didn't impress... SHANG-CHI, though - even my wife loved it, and she's not much for action, martial arts, or comic book movies, lol

Comment

Free Guy : 6/10

I'm a sucker for Ryan Reynolds, I love his stupid face and Taika Waititi playing an obnoxious guy works on me.
                              The movie has good ideas, pretty refreshing movie but a bit forgettable.

Comment

The Power of the Dog - Netflix 8.5/10

Charismatic rancher Phil Burbank inspires fear and awe in those around him. When his brother brings home a new wife and her son, Phil torments them until he finds himself exposed to the possibility of love.
                                Interesting in one scene the boy discovers some books with nude pictures of vintage bodybuilder Eugene Sandow posing.

Comment

Working...
                                X