No announcement yet.

Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss Army Man (2016) - absolutely delightful, and a little bit heartbreaking. It's been on my list for a long time now and I'm super glad I've seen it. 9/10.

Comment

mahes30
      Last movie i saw is "DHOOM 3" .In this movie Abhishek Bachan acts as a heroic role & Amir Khan acts as diplomatic role .It was a full of entertainment to watch the movie.

Comment

Midsommar Netflix 8/10

A couple travels to Scandinavia to visit a rural hometown's fabled Swedish mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.

Comment

Evangelion 3.33 You can (not) redo

I'd say 7/10

I'm beginning to think Shinji is just more of an ass in movies, although this movie Shinji isn't as bad as "End of Evangelion" Shinji. Still, he didn't listen to wonderful boi and that's just a crime.
          They chickened out on the bath scene and instead made a piano that is totally a metaphor for sex (yeah, go and close your eyes with a bead of sweat on your temple, I know what you're really doing).

Bit depressing, but that's Evangelion. 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice upon a time will really be the deciding factor in whether or not these movies are any good. Also I like that they used the pink lady sparingly.

Comment

Pokemon Pikachu Detective

0.5/10

I am a huge fan of this franchise ever since I was a kid, but the first start of the this film was so bad I just stopped watching. AND I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT IN MY LIFE!

Comment

Cruella (7.5/10) - I enjoyed this much more than I expected to. It doesn't quite work as an origin story to the villain Cruella, but I thought it was quite enjoyable on its own terms. I loved the music, the hijinks, the tone balancing precariously on a knife's edge. It gets a bit long in the tooth after a while, but it's enjoyable overall.

Comment

Every October I do this thing when I mostly watch anything horror-related. I kicked off my little tradition by re-visiting The Others (2001). To me, this is a pure cinema masterpiece. Such a contained story, but so much to unpack. Gut-wrenching twist. Writing, acting, editing, directing, the music - everything falls into place. The use of the fog isn't just a little neat visual trick but it actually ties in with the story. I miss this kind of attention to detail in some of our newer movies. To me, this one is a 10/10.

Comment

mahes30
                  Last movie I saw is "YAVADU" .In this movie Allu Arjun acts as an heroic role & fights against many villains .It is a full of action movie.

Comment

The Empty Man (2020) - This horror flick is very out there and I think it'll depend on you going along with it or not. For me, it sort of worked and it was mostly a solid and fun ride. (8/10). I prefer a well-made weird horror over a washed out bland mainstream horror flick.

Lake Mungo (2008) - A pretty obscure horror fake documentary that chilled me to my bones and also made me sad. (8/10).

Comment

Malignant (7/10) - Overall pretty good, but it's never *quite* enough. It makes reference to all sorts of better horror films, and the film itself leans heavily on giallo tropes and shortcuts. It is entertaining, and gets a little nutty in the end, but just when you think director James Wan is going to cut loose and really go for it - he pulls back and tries to be more sincere. So, it's pretty good, but it could have been REALLY good if they had gone full-tilt crazy at the end.

Comment

Stoker (2013) - I'll watch anything Chan-wook Park makes. This one is not his best, but still very weird and creepy and I went along with it. It's not a film that's completely original, yet, the angle that it takes is. And that's where it won me over. Cinematography really stood out to me. The screenwriter is, surprisingly, Wentworth Miller and I'm impressed by him. 7/10.

Comment

A Million Little Pieces Netflix 8.5/10

In 1993, following a drug-induced accidental fall, James Frey is brought home and packed off to a rehab center by his older brother Bob Frey, Jr. It is there where he meets interesting people, with whom he forms relationships and who play an important role in his life both during and after his time in the clinic.

Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson Billy Bob Thornton Odessa Young Giovanni Ribisi Juliette Lewis Charlie Hunnam

Comment

The Mist (2007) - I really enjoyed watching this, however, the over use of CGI made it much less scary and took me out of it sometimes. Even though I knew the ending I still found myself hoping it wouldn't happen, it's just tragic. 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by motionaction View Post
                              The Mist (2007) - I really enjoyed watching this, however, the over use of CGI made it much less scary and took me out of it sometimes. Even though I knew the ending I still found myself hoping it wouldn't happen, it's just tragic. 7/10.
                              Have you seen this video? https://youtu.be/xbZMqS-fW-8

It talks about how CGI is made less scary with modern video technology. I feel The Mist is affected by this a lot

Comment

Noen - Yes, I was obsessed with hbomberguy up to the point that I binged all of his videos. But yeah, I think it's such a shame they didn't use more practical effects. Unfortunately, the film was made right in the middle of the CGI craze and I'm glad this trend is over.

On the other hand, I just watched The Descent (2005) for the first time and I'm just in awe. This movie was made on such a low budget but it's soooo good (and quite scary too!). 8/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X