Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIDOWS (7/10) - The cast is top-notch, lots of satisfying twists and turns, but otherwise a fairly standard thriller.

Comment

Avengers Endgame (6.5-7/10)

What can i say, iam a little bit dissapointed. The gags where ok but the story for the last big movie was too weak. Iam a huge fan of the francise and i think my expectations where too high. The last one was way better but nvm still in the upper field of marvel movies.

Comment

Saw Avengers Endgame tonight. Rate it at 7/10. I found the story a bit slow in the beginning. I did like the storyline eventually though. (because of spoilers:
        I missed some more time to think about the time travelling concepts they point out 🙈 but maybe that's just my bit of a nerdy brain
        , it would definitely make my rating go up.

Comment

Me after watching Click image for larger version

Name:	Avengers_Endgame_2019.png
Views:	170
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	572835vengers Endgame
          Click image for larger version

Name:	D5NcegiUUAAYUCr.png
Views:	174
Size:	622.9 KB
ID:	572833

I can't rate it yet, I'm still coping with my feelings...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	D5M5p_rXoAAzKFS.png
Views:	177
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	572834
          Attached Files

Comment

Blade Runner (Final Cut)

I rate it a 8,3/10

I always enjoy the first half a lot better than the second half for some reason.
            It's always a huge emotional ride, due to how everything on screen, (mis)matches with the acting and the music.
            I've seen it 3 times or so...and every time I'm just EXHAUSTED afterwards.
            It's not perfect, but it's very different with some very high marks
            - the surroundings
            - music and
            - atmosphere

and some low marks
            - sometimes the acting is a bit odd / weird
            - important things are not easily discernible (you're not in someone's head like a book, so you can't always pick up the meant meanings and details)
            - quality of certain shots is bad
            - coherency is sometimes a bit lost.

Oh...and I just found out in Mortal Kombat 11, Johny cage makes a reference to it! || This is the point in the movie

A remark about Decker in the movie
            He's a terrible ''blade runner''. He gets his ass handed to him by EVERY model 6 nexus he comes across

Comment

I watched Teen Titans Go to the Movies with my five year old... It was fun, we ended up watching it once, then again in the background the same day.

Comment

Avengers: Endgame (7.5/10) - The movie has its problems, but there is A LOT to love here. The problems: the tone is very uneven, a lot of the jokes don't land, there's too little Captain Marvel and too much Ant-Man, and there are just too many characters, even with three hours. The love: the structure is pretty remarkable when you think about it. The writers have managed to build on over a decade of filmmaking and character introductions/solo films/offshoots and yet still have a unique, compelling narrative with clear, focused, character-driven action... and they STILL give everybody their due and "big moment"... and actually CONCLUDE this saga, rather than tease the next installment (which is the more common ending in the MCU). I also love how often this is more of an "anti"-action/comic book movie, as there are big stretches of the film solely dedicated to high drama, tragedy, and loss. I have a feeling I'll like it even more a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Baston View Post
                  there's too little Captain Marvel and too much Ant-Man,
                  Can't agree with that. Could be less Captain Marvel

Originally posted by Baston View Post
                  I have a feeling I'll like it even more a second time.
                  Me too. Yesterday i started to rewatch the whole francise.

Comment

The Post, 2017, by Steven Spielberg, with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Tracy Letts, Bradley Whitford, David Cross, Bruce Greenwood, Carrie Coon, Alison Brie, and Matthew Rhys. 7/10

In 1971, a young defence analyst, Daniel Ellsberg steals classified reports on the US's involvement in Vietnam and sends them to newspapers. The government goes to court to stop their publication, and this is the story of the Washington Post's part in that story.

I enjoyed this film, it's enjoyably done and pretty much what you would expect from Mr Spielberg. It's a very straight-forward narrative with rather one-dimensional "heroes" and "villains", with convincing performances, and it's well put together. on its own terms - it was written from an autobiography by Katherine Graham, the owner of the Washington Post - it sort of succeeds. But it leaves so much of the story untold in order to become a showcase for Hanks and Streep. In a film more than tangentially about the Vietnam War not a single Vietnamese person appears (despite a scene set in Vietnam), precisely two Vietnamese people are mentioned (Ho Chi Minh, and Diem), and not a single character expresses any regret for what the Vietnam war did to the country or its people (despite showing anti-war protests). Daniel Ellsberg is really the central figure in this story, but he's simply used as a plot device to deliver some papers to the newspaper people, the only discussion of his motivation is one reporter saying "he's got an ego".

Sorry, a little rant, I hope someone makes another film about the Pentagon Papers at some point!

Comment

Our Little Sister, 2015, by Hirokazu Kore-eda, with Haruka Ayase, Masami Nagasawa, Kaho and Suzu Hirose. 9/10

Three sisters live alone in a big family home. They are estranged from their mother, who their father left for another woman, with whom he had a child. When the father dies, the sisters travel to his funeral and meet their half sister. On a whim, the eldest sister invites their newly discovered relative to live with them.

I had a lovely time watching this film. It's talky, slow, personal, small-scale, and thoughtful. Really lovely, surprisingly emotionally heavy-hitting, thought provoking and heart warming. Highly recommended.

Comment

Avengers Endgame rating of 11/10 I applauded at the end which I have never done in a film in my entire life.

Comment

Stan & Ollie - 8/10

Laurel and Hardy -- the world's greatest comedy team -- face an uncertain future as their golden era of Hollywood films remain long behind them. Diminished by age, the duo set out to reconnect with their adoring fans by touring variety halls in Britain in 1953. The shows become an instant hit, but Stan and Ollie can't quite shake the past as long-buried tension and Hardy's failing health start to threaten their precious partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackButler View Post
                            Avengers Endgame rating of 11/10 I applauded at the end which I have never done in a film in my entire life.
                            Realy because of the movie or more because one of the best comic-series in cinema was well done?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post

Realy because of the movie or more because one of the best comic-series in cinema was well done?
                              Both!

Comment

A little busy lately...

The House with a Clock in its Walls (8/10) - The movie itself is really closer to a 7, but I watched this with my 4-year-old and she and I had a GREAT time. Hearing her laugh really elevated it.

You'll Always be My Maybe (7/10) - A lot of quality laughs, but lacks cohesive direction and feels more like an extended sit-com. The special celebrity cameo really makes the movie.

John Wick 3: Parabellum (6.5/10) - Honestly? A little disappointed, and I was really excited. The action scenes are incredible... but after a while get a bit redundant. The story is so-so. And the pacing is way off - it just goes on too long with no real antagonist or climax. Worth watching for the giddy madness of the action choreography, but probably the worst of the bunch so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X