Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - 6.5/10... decent action movie, never quite rises above that, though. The first Jack Reacher surprised me, this one did not. Still, I get a kick out of those close quarters fight scenes, and the interesting tricks and effects to make Tom Cruise look much bigger than he actually is.

Comment

JHON WICK!!!!!!! 10/10

Comment

The accountant has to be one of the best movies i ever seen before. Grease is the only one that tops it

Comment

Nerve 7/10 solid entertainment

Comment

Some weekend Halloween family viewing...

The Goonies - 7.5/10... funny, endearing, goofy, great kids scary movie
            Monster House - 8/10... one of my favorite kids movies of the last few years. Smart, funny, a great throwback to 80s kids adventure movies.
            The Addams Family - 7/10... one of my personal childhood favorites. Quirky, funny, interesting. From a filmic perspective, some major problems with structure, but I still find it amusing.
            Beetlejuice - 7.5/10... I've come to loathe Tim Burton, but this was when he was still interesting and inspired. Michael Keaton is fantastic.
            The Innocents (1961) - 9.5/10... underrated, overlooked. One of the best haunted house movies.

Comment

The Accountant. 8.5/10

Comment

Jack Reacher Never go back. 3 out of 10. Was a let down to the first Jack Reacher movie and was really a let down compared to the book. Was looking forward to watching it but will never watch another Jack Reacher movie (if they even made enough money to make another)

Comment

I watched "Going clear : Scientology and the prison of belief". Woaw. A must-watch. I already knew some of the info (as I am very curious about everything religion-wise), but added another layer. I can only encourage people to watch it. My note : 10 out of 10, it had been long since a documentary had not stirred me so much.

Comment

Doctor Strange 6.5- 7/ 10. Kind of fast paced for me, but amazing effects! Generally speaking, I liked it

Comment

Captain America: Civil War - 6.5/10... was really looking forward to this one, so my expectations were waaaay too high and unrealistic, admittedly. Either way, I was pretty disappointed. Started nicely with an interesting political commentary on the use of force and intervention on the international stage, but then kind of devolved from there until a fizzle of an ending. Way too many characters, way too many unnecessary scenes. A few nice individual scenes, but overall a big mess... That said, I've enjoyed the Captain America movies a lot, so I'll give this another try in a few months, but not a great first impression.

Comment

Hello all :-)

So my last movie was Live! (2007) - with Eva Mendes. - 8.5/10

This movie is a mockumentary about reality TV shows and how far producers are willing to go to get the next big Reality TV hit. Eva Mendes plays a producer who gets the idea to adapt russian roulette to TV. People playing with their life to get 5 millions dollars.

I enjoyed that movie as I though it was a good criticism of reality TV. The acting was good, story was good, and the last half of the movie was really gripping, I wished it would have lasted longer.

Comment

Taxi Driver. 7/10 I enjoyed watching it, didn't understand some things that happened but that's life I guess.

Comment

Moana - 8/10... the songs are okay, but I found it very moving and even kind of powerful. Also wonderful that it was about a strong independent young woman, will be great for my daughter when she's old enough.

Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/10... a couple of decent jokes, and I wish Kate McKinnon were featured more because she steals every scene she's in, but this is barely a movie. More like a scattershot assemblage of scenes on the thinnest of plots, and Paul Feig proves inept at directing action. I wasn't expecting it to supplant the original film - as I think it's one of the best comedies ever made - but I was still expecting more than they delivered.

Comment

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 6/10. The story wasn't very complex but I liked the characters and the VFX were amazing!

Comment

Macbeth, directed by Justin Kurzel, 2015.
                                I really enjoyed it-- a beautiful shot movie! And the film score was a character in the movie itself, IMO. 7/ 10

Comment

Working...
                                X