Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wjs I know, but there are book sequels. It seems to be that it is a whole series. And I think chances are high they'll make a sequel.

Comment

The Drop, directed by Michaël R. Roskam. Starring Tom Hardy, James Gandolfini and Noomi Rapace. Pretty good IMO, 6.5/ 10.

Comment

Prisoners, directed by Denis Villeneuve. Starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. A very good crime thriller IMO, 8/ 10.

Comment

The King's Choice, (org. title Kongens Nei), directed by Erik Poppe, starring Jesper Christensenas King Haakon VII.
          Norway's potential candidate for the Best Foreign Picture Academy Award, the film is a character piece that follows the King through the dramatic first 72 hours of the German invasion of April 9 1940.
          Not your traditional war movie, Christensen does a stellar job portraying an aging man torn between his roles as national figurehead, constitutional monarch, father and grandfather as the brutality of a world war arrives overnight in an otherwise peaceful corner of Europe.

9/10, but I am naturally not a neutral judge of this.
          Last edited by Johkmil; October 18th, 2016, 07:17 AM. Reason: I got the actors mixed up -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Johkmil View Post
            The King's Choice, (org. title Kongens Nei), directed by Erik Poppe, starring Anders Baasmo Christiansen as King Haakon VII.
            Norway's potential candidate for the Best Foreign Picture Academy Award, the film is a character piece that follows the King through the dramatic first 72 hours of the German invasion of April 9 1940.
            Not your traditional war movie, Baasmo Christiansen does a stellar job portraying an aging man torn between his roles as national figurehead, constitutional monarch, father and grandfather as the brutality of a world war arrives overnight in an otherwise peaceful corner of Europe.

9/10, but I am naturally not a neutral judge of this.
            En bra film, helt klart I liked it too, the book of which it's based on is pretty good as well, more detailed obviously. Baasmo portrayed Crown Prince Olav, btw. It's gets a 7/ 10 from me.

Comment

Don't Breathe
              It was a good movie, not as scary as I thought it would be but still awesome. 8/10

Comment

The last movie I saw was Deadpool, but we all know the opinions surrounding that. The previous movie I saw was A Serious Man, which I'd rate 10/10. It's a movie I felt I watched, thought I understood, and then thought about what I had watched, and realised it wasn't that at all, and I had actually made assumptions that the movie wanted me to make in order to conclude things that with further consideration lead to a bigger picture type of thing. I just think it's rare that you watch something, and think "this is what it is" and then by the end you go "Wait, but what about that one thing... Hu, it also applies to this thing, and that middle part is basically that concept explained in a none direct way..." and as such the movie completely transforms in concept when looked at in retrospect.

Maybe I just overthought it. Though it's a very Kafkaesque movie in my opinion.

Comment

A Serious Man is fantastic, one of the best movies of the last few years.

Comment

The Road 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Baston View Post
                      A Serious Man is fantastic, one of the best movies of the last few years.
                      It really is. I think the "culture clash" and teeth bits really encompass what the movie was about, but don't outwardly give away the complexity of the movie as a whole.

Please, accept the mystery...

Comment

Last movie I saw was Flammen und Citronen, Danish movie about a group of people who got together during WWII with one goal, to kill Nazis. It's a really good movie, and the best part (for me at least) is that it's based on real events and real people.

Comment

'Hibernatus'' with Louis de Funes 10/10

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you everyone for sharing your movies, I have added some on my *To watch list* !!

Last movie I watched, it is actually a rewatch as it is one of my favorite movie . Nightcrawler - 10/10 !! (starring Jack Gyllenhaal)

It is the kind of movie I love as the underlying message is a critic of our modern american medias, where blood and gore is what becomes a seller. The acting is bluffing and from the whole cast, the story excellent with an ending I didn't anticipate and left me speechless. I higly suggest to watch it without seeing the trailer as I think it gives away a bit too much. The movie is a thriller with some very good scene. However it is not a action packed movie, it is a film that makes you think and will make you debate with your friend once it is done.

Here is a transcript from a very good review on IMDB. This person explains the movie more adequately than I would :-).

IMDB review by filmmuscle "Nightcrawler explores another even more corrupted facet of the media's nature: shamelessly capitalizing on the popularity of crime television—violence, murder, blood, gunshots. The program's ratings continue heightening along with the network's desire for even more thrilling footage. Nightcrawler follows Louis Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal) as he climbs up the ladder of success and builds a career through rash ambition. Lacking a formal education and adequate work experience, he's truly a victim of the unfair modern job market/unemployment. So, he says "screw it" and takes matters into his own hands, acting with sheer desperation and eagerness to reach that level of power and affluence America so often glorifies."

Comment

Eirine - Gyllenhaal is great. And love the sickly cinematography in that movie too.

As for me... last movie I saw was Keeping Up with the Joneses - 6.5/10, 7 if you're generous. Predictable and slight, but upbeat and enjoyable nonetheless. Not like a great movie or anything, but a nice date movie, especially if you've been married or in a long-term relationship for a while.

Comment

kubo and the two strings 8/10 yeah it is a kids movie but the soundtrack will be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X