X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10

Hello Darebee community,

I think it can be interesting to get to know what movies our fellow bees watch and if you would recommend it or not. I actually stole this topic idea from another forum as it has made me discover some very good movies. So I thought it would be the occasion for us to get to discover new movies, or simply avoid some.

The aim of this topic is for your to talk about the last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10. It can be the latest blockbuster, an unknown movie, an old one. Any movies really !

I look forward to read some of your reviews and discover new films :-)

What we do in the shadows - 9 / 10

This movie is a mockumentary, about a "secret" society of vampire in New Zealand. It is an excellent movie I highly recommend. It is funny, hilarious, just pure fun !

Suicide squad 6/10

Plot is quite simple.
    Some Heroes (or rather vilains) are just plain..some are funny. But action is smooth, no time for being bored. So it is ok, but nothing spectacular

Comment

Hell or High Water . Really stirred some emotions, great plot, good acting....surprisingly good movie! 8/10

Comment

At the cinema it was:

The Beatles: Eight Days a Week, the touring years,the Ron Howard-directed documentary. I thought it was fantastic. But I'm an obsessive Beatles fan and it's not really worth asking me for a critical opinion about anything to do with them. I knew a lot of (but not all) the footage in the film but it was a pleasure to hear it on a good quality cinema sound system. I'd rate it 8/10 and highly recommend it.

Comment

Last film watched (last weekend): Ted

Short version, it's about a kid's cuddly toy (the eponymous Ted) that grows up with him and basically becomes a weed-smoking, drunken bum who gets into a bunch of scrapes with his owner.

I managed to suspend my disbelief of the whole concept for about an hour but got bored of it in the end.

The best part of the film: Mila Kunis. Oh, and Laura Vandervoort.

Rating out of 10? 5. Routine, formulaic. Lost me part way through. Good if you like that kind of thing, not completely my cup of tea.

Amazingly there was a sequel.

Comment

Last one would be Into the forest, an interesting take on the apocalypse genre

A 7/10 I would say.
            Last edited by Ryuji; October 11th, 2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Girl Rising.

Everyone should watch it, though I wouldn't call it entertaining. It made me upset. It was also inspiring.

Just saw it for International Day of the Girl.

Comment

Zoolander 2 and to give it a number rating... Flower/10
                I enjoyed the first one and I enjoyed this one. Though I think it would have been less enjoyable if I had seen the first one recently.

Comment

Keanu (2016) Description in IMDB is "Friends hatch a plot to retrieve a stolen kitten by posing as drug dealers for a street gang." I'd give it a good 7.5/10, for the most part it's pretty funny (especially if you get the references to other movies) but the ending's a bit bleh

Comment

X-men age of apocalypse - decent enough story (not sure how true it is to the comics) but was enough to hold my interest for the 2 and half hours it lasted...id recommend it give it. 7/10

Comment

American Honey .....2/10. It was a date night movie not of my choosing

Comment

get hard. I only watched it because of kevin hart really. I'd say 6/10

Comment

At the cinema? Captain America: Civil War. Easily 9.5 out of 10.
                          Just chillin' at home/with friends? From Dusk 'Til Dawn. Campy as Hell, but some big names in what is, essentially, a B movie. Worthwhile vampire flick, 7 out of 10.

Comment

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children
                            The basic storyline is somewhat stereotypical (outsider boy finds out he belongs to a secret society with the usual dangers) but the details and the elaboration of the story made it good enough to forget the fact that your sitting in a cinema room for two hours. At the end I really wanted to see an epilogue and me and my group of friends were talking very enthousiastically so I rate this one 7.5/10. (the half point goes to the fact that the children's home from the movie is located in my country )

Comment

Originally posted by Vliegendegieter View Post
                              Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children
                              The basic storyline is somewhat stereotypical (outsider boy finds out he belongs to a secret society with the usual dangers) but the details and the elaboration of the story made it good enough to forget the fact that your sitting in a cinema room for two hours. At the end I really wanted to see an epilogue and me and my group of friends were talking very enthousiastically so I rate this one 7.5/10. (the half point goes to the fact that the children's home from the movie is located in my country )
                              That "wanting to see an epilogue" means if it makes enough money, you'll get an entire sequel. Because that's how Hollywood works...

Comment

Working...
                              X