Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s true: exercise lengthens your life and makes it better🥳😎

Comment

That I'm in a better place than I was last January...

Stopped drinking pop/soda/whatever around the middle of last month...Water or juice only now....

Found two gym buddies at work who are always willing to go and be my accountability buddy as well as providing tips for better training/nutrition

Booked time off in December for an Ice Dragon Boat Festival in Ottawa coming up in 16 days and have been training for that the last month, so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances for a good personal performance.

Have been doing some personal development the last 2 weeks and looking at what I want to accomplish over the next few years and have made small inroads towards getting my goals accomplished.
      Unfortunately, the online group I was doing it with took issue with a post I wrote about how we should be calling each other out on our self limiting beliefs and calling bullshit on bullshit...and I was kicked off the site.
      So, I'm still a bit miffed at that.

(Ironically, one of the things that set the whole thing in motion was a person there who thought that giving awards and 'badges' next to members' names was 'stigmatizing' others who didn't have those yet....I can only imagine how she'd feel being on THIS site and seeing the impressive achievements of people like 'noname'. Personally, I look at those as what they are: challenges and a pat on the back for grinding through a program)

The plan to do an 8/16 intermittent fast regime hasn't really taken off, due to work schedules and lack of personal grit, but it's been better than doing nothing.

I still have 60 pounds to lose, but it's better than the 65 or so I had to lose 3 weeks ago.

Glad to be back here, even though the workouts still intimidate me.

Comment

Originally posted by noname View Post
        Are there some of you that 'like' every single comment/ reply here on the Hive?

Only if they are yours, sir.....

Comment

Touché, Kingstonmike, touché

Comment

Thinking about if the Darebee Team could create an option for us bees to sort our program/ week badges. E.g. by completion, by name, by difficulty.

Comment

Thinking about... watching the last Vikings season...

Comment

For the past 30 minutes I've been thinking what a waste of time work meetings are. But the coffee.......they always have such good coffee........

Comment

Thinking...

My legs ache. My body aches. I will sleep good. 👊🏼

Comment

Thinking about how this is the start of my company's annual spring break shutdown and how I could let it go one of two ways; Use it intelligently and get stuff done that needs to be done...or be disorganized and suddenly it's the end of next week and I'm going to be pissed that I didn't accomplish things I wanted to.

What I would like to squeeze in is a day trip skiing with my kids...but that might require some logistics, as it's no longer just a matter of pulling them out of school for the day.

Comment

Having support when doing something tough is great!

Comment

Thinking right now? Every Valentines Day I always and up thinking of the comic book series V for Vendetta. I read it when I was seventeen and there is part in it that changed my outlook forevermore. Anyone that has read the comics or seen the movie know the part where Evey finds the note from Valerie. When I read that, being an indifferent and stoic teenager, it brought tears to my eyes. From then on I have always tried to approach everyone from a place of love in my heart and try to continue it to this very day. I won't post the whole letter but I will post the part that hit me hard emotionally:

I don't know who you are. Or whether you're a man or a woman. I may never see you or cry with you or get drunk with you. But I love you. I hope that you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better, and that one day people have roses again. I wish I could kiss you.
                        Valerie
                        X

The movie changes the wording around a little bit but doesn't lose it's meaning. Wish you all well fellow bees and though I may not know you, I love you all.

Comment

Currently at work, thinking about when i leave to start on my journey as an actor thats all I really want to do. For most of my life I was so lost in what i really wanted up until high school. I was gladly in a few plays and even got a lead role! Since then any movie, show, film,or video made for entertainment I see it more then once just for the fun and then to analyze secret details and how everyone interacts with each other. My only problem is I dont really know where to start but any help or tips are greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lozosan View Post
                            Since then any movie, show, film,or video made for entertainment I see it more then once just for the fun and then to analyze secret details and how everyone interacts with each other. My only problem is I dont really know where to start but any help or tips are greatly appreciated!!!
                            My humble two cents on it: Seems like you found the thing which hooks/triggers you, which you burn for. So go for it. But sadly i don't have any specific details on how to go about it.
                            Maybe try to connect with feature film peeps from the LA area (LinkedIn etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulus View Post

My humble two cents on it: Seems like you found the thing which hooks/triggers you, which you burn for. So go for it. But sadly i don't have any specific details on how to go about it.
                              Maybe try to connect with feature film peeps from the LA area (LinkedIn etc.)?
                              There is also a site called Stage 32...which seems to be a way to network within the TV/Movies entertainment world. I've used to connect with locals to pitch screenwriting ideas...Not sure how it'd work for a big epicentre like LA though....

Good luck.

Comment

I'm thinking I need a better paid job: I got my T4 in the mail and thought " That's ALL I made at that job last year?"

Granted, it runs through the academic school year and I do work another gig in the summer months, but still....

Not what I really want to be still doing at my age and not what I went back to school for....

Comment

Working...
                                X