- what's on your mind right now? -

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noen Legolo ah, the search for the perfect salad bowl.. it took me almost a year until I finally found it. Behold - the perfect salad bowl that fits all the lettuce letters but is small enough to store and easily wash:

Height: 4 " | 10 cm
    Diameter: 9 " | 22 cm

I found it in IKEA of all places.
    They also come in smaller sizes and I found they are perfect for small salads and soups

Comment

Woah, that bowl is gigantic. I thought the one I was using now was big. 7,5 cm high and 20cm diameter. But I always wanted to go to IKEA again. I will check that bowl out.

Comment

Legolo the smaller ones are 13 cm x 6 cm (height), it's the one with the soup picture

Comment

When I've done some sort of activity in a day (like cycling 7 km and going shopping) I can't manage cancelling dinner completely.

Upside 1: I'm so used to not having dinner that even a tiny dinner will sate me.
          Upside 2: I'm so darn hungry that even stuff I normally don't like becomes delicious (especially since my body knows it's an exception).

Comment

I have an idea for a story but I have like 3 other stories I started a while ago and I feel guilty starting another one while not even thinking about the previous stories

Comment

Amirsh I know that feeling. I always start to write a story and after about 50 pages I get another great idea, start writing at that one and abandon the other idea. Never finished anything I´ve written

Comment

Originally posted by Legolo View Post
                Amirsh I know that feeling. I always start to write a story and after about 50 pages I get another great idea, start writing at that one and abandon the other idea. Never finished anything I´ve written
                50 pages...
                my longest one is 6 pages long but unfinished. I finished 2 - one is 1 page long and the other about 3...

Comment

And here I sit, all nervous, and make myself ready to start writing my newest masterpiece. I think it's been a long time since I've even written 6 pages in one go

Comment

Amirsh Six pages is a good start, my newest one is maybe 4 or 5 pages long. My problem is that I get all my ideas when I can´t write. On the way back from buying food, under the shower, 5 seconds before falling asleep...
                    Nihopaloa If you need someone as a guinea pig to read your masterpiece I´d glady offer myself

Comment

Legolo yeah, same here. so I just repeat them over and over and try to start the story "on the go" - if it sticks, it sticks and if not, oh well. the one I got yesterday was good enough for only two paragraphs, probably because I was sitting comfortably at my desk. If it'll continue to "bother" me in the future there will be some more pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Amirsh View Post
                        I feel guilty starting another one while not even thinking about the previous stories
                        I honestly feel that there's nothing wrong with that. Writing is a process, something you learn and get better at with practice, just like a lot of things. If your old ideas don't motivate you anymore, well, you still learned something there. It's not as if someone had paid you for them and was expecting a finished job. If you have new projects you are more interested in, you probably stand a better chance of pursuing them further. So, why not focus on that for the time being?

Comment

Just made it home. Pfft. Been running around town since 11. First had to go to the hospital to get the results from my data (they are way faster than the other guys), had to rent a suit because I am still too fat to fit in mine, buy some stuff for later like emergency cables and tuners and such (there are always cables that work the day before but have miraculously stopped working over night), had to go to the restaurant to check out the stage and see if they had a piano. Had to find out if the piano was properly tuned, then tell the rest of the band that I did all the stuff. We have to be on stage at 7 so I had just enough time to run home, take a quick shower (I hate our shower! It has two available water temperatures. Mordor or Hoth), change into the suit, eat something (yet to come) and get back to the restaurant to start setting the stage and electronics before we start. As far as I know there are only 2 bands we have to beat, but I am still really nervous. What a stressful day. When I come home I will put you all up to speed at how it went.

Comment

I think I made a good choice for dinner on this snowy, rainy, icy day. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by aerochic View Post
                              I think I made a good choice for dinner on this snowy, rainy, icy day. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
                              Meatloaf was ok, but i make it so rarely that I'm not surprised. Still warm comfort on a nasty cold day was still good.

Comment

Well, that was something... My other flatmate was here over the weekend. Haven´t seen her since the 27., when she disappeared to go to a neuro clinic. She has been here maybe 4 days the whole decemeber, including this weekend. She is definitely ill, but no doctor has any idea what she has. Aside from permanent headaches, full body pain, inabiliy to walk and stand and has had 4 discogenic incidents and she is only 25 years old. And now even inability to sit after the two weeks in neuro. Before she went to the neuro clininc her doctor thought it could be Fabry disease but he wasn´t able to do the right tests, because he is just a normal doctor. But the neuro clinic didn´t care for the diagnosis, even though they would have been able to do the right tests, so she had to do pain therapy and some other nonsense which did absolutley nothing except make everything worse. Now she is off to another clinic for god knows how long. Hopefully that will work out better then the last clinic...

Comment

Working...
                                X