What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever wonder what would happen if you were suddenly thrust into a sci-fi novel GOOD NEWS there is a fantastic book all about that called "We Are Legion (We Are Bob)"

A mild-mannered software developer dies in a car accident in the 21st Century and wakes up, his brain having been cryogenically preserved, as an AI software operating system hundreds of years later, and is prepared to be the controlling AI on probes sent to space. It is hysterically funny and everyone should read it thank you.

Comment

Short stories about pretty much what it says on the tin:

Comment

it´s been a while ... among a lot of perry rhodan stories I finished the following books: der zehnte Heilige, Enter the Kettlebell, Dark Forge, Transport 4: Mondbeben, Swordheart

Comment

TheLibrarian got anything for preschoolers in German?

Comment

Originally posted by Amirsh View Post
            TheLibrarian got anything for preschoolers in German?

do you search books or learning materials for grammar, etc.?

if you are looking for books, well, I would start with children-books ... when I think about children-books, these came up to my mind:

age 3-5:
            Janosch Oh, wie schön ist Panama

age 6-10:
            Das kleine Gespenst
            die kleine Hexe
            der Räuber Hotzenplotz

age 8+:
            das Sams - Teil1

age 10+:
            der satanarchäolügenialkohöllische Wunschpunsch

Especially the last one is one of my all-time fav and a real tongue twister

I send you the amazon link above, so that you can take a "look inside" ... because I don´t know how good your german is atm ... please let me know, so I can perhaps recommend something different. And if you like to practise your writing skills, you can always send me a private message if you like or just hijack my thread

Comment

TheLibrarian vielen Dank

well very basic but I need something other than "Wir waschen die Tomaten" even if it is a bit advanced

Comment

Originally posted by Amirsh View Post
                TheLibrarian vielen Dank

well very basic but I need something other than "Wir waschen die Tomaten" even if it is a bit advanced

well, that is always the first step before eating but I get your drift ...

Comment

Amirsh here is a short and especially funny story about a girl and her cake ... of course in german ... her name is Barbara

LINK

Comment

Gosh TheLibrarian thanks for that. As long as I don't use that around other people, I should be safe. Otherwise they might think I'm having a stroke.
                    Yeah I see how kids would find that hilarious. I did get some of the words

Comment

Originally posted by TheLibrarian View Post
                      Amirsh here is a short and especially funny story about a girl and her cake ... of course in german ... her name is Barbara

LINK
                      That's cool. And besides being hilarious it shows how you can connect many words to form one super-long word in German and it still makes perfectly sense (and is even correct). I think only Hungarian functions like that, too (legitimately).

Comment

I showed that video to people at the office today TheLibrarian and they LOVED it. One of them sent it to her husband who speaks a little German and I heard him laughing over the phone to her.

Comment

IrishRamsay I read the whole Bobiverse Saga, till now 3 books and I loved all of them. Now, I am knee-deep in China Mieville. Finished the Las-Bag series and the Kraken. After Embassytown (that is a great one!) I am now in UN LUN DUN. Its more a children/early teenager book but still fun to read.
                          Will start with Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir after that, because 'Every story is better when you put it in IN SPACE'(Ⓒ vox.com)

Comment

Working...
                          X