What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like I'm only nearly four years late to this thread!

I'm currently reading "Princesses Behaving Badly." Really more of a collection of short narratives about various "princesses" throughout history and their... shall we say less than lady-like antics. It's a pretty entertaining read that tends to not take too many liberties with history as far as I can tell.

Comment

I'm switching between "The Song of the Quarkbeast" by Jasper Fforde and "Positionstraining für Rückraum-, Kreis- und Außenspieler" which is a guide to handball training for different positions and their athletic requirements and how to train those specific positions. In this case specially for the following positions: pivot, left and right wing and the left back, right back and centre back.

Comment

Finally started Mort

Comment

Amirsh How's Terry Pretchett as a writer? I always see whole series of his books in the bookstore, so I'm getting a bit curious if it's something I should read

Comment

NancyTree his style as far as the discworld goes is a bit nuts, but it's fantasy parody so it works. Some of the books are all over the place with the storyline but others are more linear. I like it.

Comment

Been a while since I checked in here.
              For those discovering Pterry: enjoy. Some are more enjoyable than others, but it’s all good.
              I liked the Death, Watch and Moist von Lipwig books the best. Those and the Truth.

What have I read lately? Well, I got interrupted by my Kindle beginning to die. Replacement obtained, but it slowed me down. I’m still going after the Sniper Mind. I also finished Linda Nagata’s Nanotech Succession series and am currently reading Edges the first book in her new series the Inverted Frontier.

Comment

BravoLimaPoppa3 The books about von Lipwig are by far my favourite. And not only because Going Postal was my first book written by Terry

Comment

Silas Marner by George Eliot
                  The Insects: Structure and Function by Reginald F. Chapman
                  Bird Species: How They Arise, Modify, and Vanish by Dieter Thomas Tietze
                  The Infinite Book: A Short Guide to the Boundless, Timeless, and Endless by John D. Barrow
                  Blackstone and the Heart of Darkness by Sally Spencer

Comment

Legolo BravoLimaPoppa3 I love Moist and Vetinari. Guards, Guards was awesome and it was the first one I read. I also really love the witches. Equal Rites wad really good too. So far Mort is great.

Comment

finished "Cold Iron"

Comment

I'm reading "Wyrd Sisters" by Terry Pratchett from "Diskworld" series and my dad gave me "Ready Player One" so I guess it goes next in the never-ending reading queue.

Comment

I also am very late to this forum! I only just joined Darabee.

Currently reading the Malazan series, up to book 8. It's so brutal, I love it!

Comment

tash I had a look around Wikipedia regarding Malazan and it looks epic.

Finished Mort. Definitely one of the best Dicworld novels I read so far. Way up there with guards x2, equal rites and going postal.

Started Real and Untangible 1001 Cyber Tales -in the hopes it would help me with some of my stories. So far it's awesome.

Comment

I range from reading thrillers, horrors to non fiction, it depends on what I feel like, at the moment I am finishing The Blair Witch Project: A Dossier by D. A. Stern.

it adds material to the original film. I tend to read more in work where I have breaks in my job. For 8 hours I work on my own, so a book comes in handy.

johnj49.

Comment

Just finished The Soul of America by Jon Meacham and just started Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X