No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh is next on my to-do list, after I finished Jo Nesbø's The Devil's Star yesterday

Comment

My martial arts bookclub has me reading Dueling with O-Sensei, which I'm liking.

Comment

I currently read "A Year of Ravens: a novel of Boudica´s Rebellion" - so far, so good

Comment

I am currently reading the german translation of Make It So, after it was suggested by TheLibrarian
          It starts very interesting

you might find the things i want to read here:
          https://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i...cwODg0MTk6NDE0
          Last edited by bee927589452; January 18, 2017, 07:54 AM. Reason: added refrence

Comment

I'm finishing the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie - fantasy war and intrigue filled with wonderfully flawed characters, described as "delightfully twisted and evil"

Comment

Kaufminator such a great story indeed - I always relished the dialogues with the Inquisitor

Comment

TheLibrarian I had a sneaking suspicion you would/do like that series...

Comment

I'm re-reading 'The Other Boylen Girl' by Philippa Gregory. I LOVE the Tudor part of England's History and find it insanely fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliška View Post
                    I bought myself a christmas present...American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I read it in original so it's little challenging. But I like it very much so far. I'm also looking forward a TV show based on this book.
                    Everything by Neil Gaiman is good. Stardust and The Graveyard Book are fantasy classics if you haven't read them yet. He brings a different edge to every genre.

Comment

HenryV I will check them out as soon as I finish this one. Thanks for recommendation.

Comment

Btw if anyone likes writing stories or non-fiction there's a really good website for writing your own stuff. Called Wattpad. Be warned though, don't let kids under the age of 16 read books on there. It's messed up by some weird people. I can read a book, normal sized fiction book in one to two hours. So I'm currently reading the maze runner series. And watched both films. I love Newt! #fangirling

Comment

Originally posted by Drawn View Post
                          I've been reading a web serial called Worm written by Wildbow and let me tell you it is the stuff of legends. In less than a month it became one of my favorite reads of all time. Superhero stuff, but more Watchmen than Marvel or DC, grim dark universe, engaging characters, cool action and overall smart and interesting plot.
                          Seriously worth checking guys, plus it's free and easy to find on Google (cuz it's a Web serial and all).
                          ​​​​​
                          Totally worth reading. I also suggest Dire Worm after you read Worm.

Comment

House Of God had to go back to the library, but I've now got a copy on my kindle. Still working my way through Gladiators. It's an interesting read.
                            Most of the way through Ken Macleod's latest The Corporation Wars: Dissidence where uploads and AI are fighting for the fate of a solar system, far from home and far in the future. I'm enjoying it though a cast of characters wouldn't hurt.

Comment

After my last book and some Perry Rhodan novels I was looking for a new book. I stumbled over a new author - at least for me he was a new one And therefore I am now reading the "Faithful and the Fallen" series by John Gwynne.

The first book in order is Malice . The next ones are Valor, Ruin and Wrath. So it will be a time until I post another comment

It sounds promising!
                              So far, so good!

Comment

I had a plan to read a book per week last year, and the best way to keep track was to start reading a book every week. So, I'm currently reading a backlog of 15 books. (You can check them out on my currently-reading shelf on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/lis...rently-reading - don't really feel like writing them all down here )

Comment

Working...
                                X