Ab Whell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ab Whell

    What do you think about it?

  • #2
    What is it?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by K e l l y View Post
      What is it?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	big_5de6195efe8d4d78a32d9d0d411ad6f0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	342450

      Comment


      • #4
        Ahh...

        Comment


        • #5
          I've used one in the past, in gyms. The trouble is, you can kind of only do one thing with it, which gets boring after a while (I find this a problem with a lot of equipment).

          If you have a wooden floor, you can get much the same effect by getting into a plank position, putting your hands on a towel and pushing and pulling it.

          See http://darebee.com/workouts/towel-workout.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Tried one years ago....boring due to lack of move creativity, blah and just ineffective. Waste of money....better off doing planks and other core building exercises!

            Comment


            • #7
              thepresident ... they work. But ... We have two votes to nil for "boring".
              Anything you get tired of is not going to help you do anything.
              Still ... want to know about it? Got some dumbbells? The big, adjustable, kind?
              Roll those across the floor a few times. The effect should be similar.
              The question isn't so much "do they work" as "are they worth the space to store".
              If they just bore you and mostly sit unused ... that's the answer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DaithiMeyer View Post
                The question isn't so much "do they work" as "are they worth the space to store"
                This is the point! thanks DaithiMeyer MissMolly morganalefay

                Comment


                • #9
                  I imagine they could be fun if you use them kind of like a wheelbarrow while another person holds up your feet.
                  I would have loved that as a child. No idea if that works the abs, though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Noen We did the wheelbarrow exercise with partners in Muay Thai and in Aikido youth group (in which I participated for fun before our adults' training sessions) and yes, this works your abs (and arms, back, legs..)!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thepresident, I got one for my birthday in March and I really enjoy mine. I'm doing it regularly and don't find it boring at all. Also, in my opinion they don't cost that much and are a lot of fun (storing them isn't a problem, I rather have that with dumbbells because they are so heavy). And that they work very well was already mentioned. My impression is that you already see results after doing Ab Wheel Rollouts for a few days. Of course it doesn't replace all the other ab exercises (Plank, Sit-Ups, Leg Raises, etc.) but it's a great additional piece of equipment. Not to forget that it also works your arms quite well (I really feel them after 50-60 reps).
                      So yeah, I'd recommend it. But I can understand that not everybody likes the exercise

                      Noen and sleep_twitch, I never did that before but it sounds pretty good, I'll try it in the next few days. For how long do you recommend doing it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IronBoy View Post
                        Noen and sleep_twitch, I never did that before but it sounds pretty good, I'll try it in the next few days. For how long do you recommend doing it?
                        I think it's a nice one to max out until you crush to the floor - just mark two lines on the floor (point A and B) between which you'll do the wheelbarrow walk and do it back and forth, changing with your partner. It gets easier when the partner doesn't grab your ankles, but your legs at knee height, because then you don't have your entire body weight on your hands.

                        If you have a partner to work out with - these partner bodyweight drills are very effective and fun! We did them in Aikido and in a Fitness class at university and I loved it!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sleep_twitch View Post
                          I think it's a nice one to max out until you crush to the floor - just mark two lines on the floor (point A and B) between which you'll do the wheelbarrow walk and do it back and forth, changing with your partner. It gets easier when the partner doesn't grab your ankles, but your legs at knee height, because then you don't have your entire body weight on your hands.

                          If you have a partner to work out with - these partner bodyweight drills are very effective and fun! We did them in Aikido and in a Fitness class at university and I loved it!
                          We're getting away from the origina topic a little but thanks a lot, I think I'll try them in the future (I have two brothers and a good friend who loves to work out with bodyweight exercises and we sometimes do some Push-Ups together etc.). I'll report back

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X